Atom (Ray Palmer) is a superhero gifted with the ability to shrink to a microscopic, and even subatomic size. He makes his first ever appearance in Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, a feature film for the Teen Titans Go! series.
The Silver Age Atom, Ray Palmer, was originally a physicist who specialized as a matter compression operator. While he was on an expedition, he found himself trapped in a cave. Ray resorted to using a lens made of a white dwarf star that shrunk him down to whatever size he wanted, but with a risk of spontaneous combustion. Luckily for him, he was able to shrink, escape, and revert back to his original size. From then on, he became the superhero Atom.
As for his appearance in Teen Titans Go! to the Movies, Atom can be seen reduced to the size of a couple inches and flying in a castle like building. He commands the Titans, who are driving a Cyborg-powered golf cart, to "halt" for him. However, Robin ignores him and runs right into him. Poor Atom is splattered onto their windshield, startling Beast Boy, Robin, and Starfire. With the stain blocking his view, Robin turns on the windshield wipers to try and scrape him off, but this only makes the smear larger.
CharacteristicsDressed in a more traditional superhero suit, Atom wears a full-body blue jumpsuit. He has a crimson breast plate, boots, and gloves, and around his waste is a golden belt decorated with valence electron paths. Ray's face, similar to Batman's, is covered completely except for his mouth, eyes, and ears. His forehead is also adorned with the atomic logo. When engaged in drama, Atom's eyes glow purple because he's triggered.
Atom appears to be prideful of his superpowers, and doesn't like rejections or broken promises. He also gets very annoyed when people unknowingly step on him.
Powers and Abilities
- Size-shifting: Atom can shrink himself to the size of an atom (hence his name), or even smaller, and can then grow back to regular size. While tiny, he maintains all his strength as if he was still normal size.
- Object-shifting: Apart from his body, he can also shrink and grow other objects around him, too.
- Amazingly smart: In addition, Ray is incredibly gifted in intellect, especially physics, in which he has a Ph.D.
- Flight: In Teen Titans Go! to the Movies, Atom is shown to be able to fly.
- Although Atom seemed to have died in Teen Titans Go! to the Movies, many characters from Teen Titans Go! have defied death even in the face of horrible injuries such as this one.
- As of "Strength of a Grown Man", he, too, seems to be able to come back to life.