Part 1: Beast Boy writes a song to tell Raven how he feels about her.
Part 2: Beast Boy goes on tour with his song, but it upsets Raven.
The first part of this episode starts off with Beast Boy entering the Titan's living room, wearing a bow-tie, holding a bouquet of roses and says they are for Raven. Starfire comments it was a romantic gesture while Cyborg adds the bees were a nice touch. Beast Boy then announces he was going to win Raven's heart once and for all with his classic gifts of love. Robin notifies him Raven is not the type of person to be won over with flowers then the camera cuts to Raven making an annoyed expression behind her book. Beast Boy tries to prove him wrong and tries anyways to only make Raven teleport out of the living room. Beast Boy in anger, throws the bouquet of roses which causes the bees to become furious and start attacking Robin, Cyborg and Starfire.
Next, Beast Boy tries another attempt to win Raven over but this time is by trying go give her a cute bear cub. Robin asks if it was a real bear cub and Beast Boy says it is and that his love for Raven is real. Beast Boy goes over to Raven, who is peacefully mediating, and tries to give the bear cub to her. Once again, Raven is unamused and teleports away. Beast Boy groans in defeat and then makes a side comment that he found the bear cub's mama. The mama bear furiously pops out behind one of the nearby bushes and attacks Robin, Cyborg and Starfire in fury.
Back at the Tower, in the kitchen, Beast Boy attempts to read Raven a love poem. Starfire impressed, tears up a bit and says it was beautiful and Cyborg impressed as well, says he didn't know he wrote poems. Beast Boy says actually he found it in one of Raven's poetry books. Robin turns to Raven and asks her since when she was into poems. Raven corrects him and says the poem Beast Boy read was actually an evil spell and then teleports out of the room while a huge ugly monster with several eyes appears, grabbing a hold of Robin, Cyborg and Starfire as they struggle to get away from its tight grip.
In the following scene, Beast Boy sadly questions why Raven won't accept any of his romantic gestures. Cyborg informs him he needs to stop doing things that are considered "played out" and tells him to get "real" with Raven. Beast Boy says he did by trying to offer her a bear cub. Robin clears it up by explaining all the things he has done like by giving her flowers, reading her poetry, etc is not going to work and that he needs to think of something original and fresh. Starfire adds on that it needs to be something for just them and only them. Beast Boy questions and Cyborg gives him an example of the time Beast Boy wrote Fade Away to Terra. As it seems Beast Boy understands and the following seconds later, Beast Boy knocks down Raven's door trying to romance her by singing Fade Away to her. As he's singing, Starfire knocks down Beast Boy with her starbolts and says he should never sing the girl her loves a song he sung to a previous love interest and Robin says he needs to write a song for Raven and Raven only. Beast Boy complains writing a new song is hard and that he can't come up with the lyrics while his feelings for Raven are so big. Cyborg tells him not to worry and then it cuts to the next scene.
The next scene, shows Cyborg and Beast Boy sitting at the kitchen table. Cyborg explains the song should tell how much Beast Boy loves Raven more then anything and asks Beast Boy if he does and Beast Boy responds by a solid "I do". Cyborg asks him if he loved Raven more than food. Beast Boy says he doesn't know because he never thought of that before. Cyborg says there is only one way to find out and asks Beast Boy if he loved Raven more then peaches. Beast Boy takes a bite out of them and says he does. Cyborg then asks how about a plum and again Beast Boy eats it and says he does. Cyborg then asks about about applesauce and Beast Boy once again says he does after consuming it. Beast Boy says he loves Raven more than any food item while Cyborg is feeling proud but mentions after the decisions are about to get even harder and grabs Beast Boy and blasts out of the Tower.
Next, Cyborg and Beast Boy are at the local pie shop with Beast Boy facing a large cheese pizza and a smoothie. Beast Boy makes the comment it is a tough thought but after taking eating one slice of pizza and taking a slip of the smoothie he says he still loves Raven more than anything and that he would like to share it with her. Cyborg says he is in love but just to be sure he places a large seven layer cake. Beast Boy says he still loves "his Rae" more but Cyborg questions if he does and that he has to eat the whole entire thing to find out. Uncertain, Beast Boy says he's not sure if he should do it since he's feeling sick. Cyborg tells him to eat it and Beast Boy follows his order and eats the entire thing within a few seconds and to no surprise, he proudly says he still love Raven more and slams his face onto the table afterwards. Cyborg is surprised Beast Boy really does love Raven and says he's so happy for him. Beast Boy was about to say something but ending up vomiting over the booth instead.
Now it's Starfire's turn to help Beast Boy with his song. She says loving Raven should be more then just loving her more then just food items and adds it should also be about the feelings he has towards her. Beast Boy asks if it was the feeling of feeling to toot every time he sees her due to being nervous when around her. Starfire grabs him by his shirt collar and says he should NEVER bring up the nervous toots and says try to think of more nicer thoughts instead. Beast Boy thinks a bit but is unsure. Starfire suggests they go to the places that make him think of Raven. They walk by the pool and Beast Boy lies back into a beach chair and doesn't seem to understand how this activity helps him with the song and all it feels like is a nice warm summer day...but then he gets a thought! Beast Boy excitedly says he's thinking of Raven. Starfire clears up it seems the summer time makes him think of her.
The following scene, Starfire and Beast Boy are inside a dumpster. Beast Boy says he's thinking of her when he's not. Starfire says the dumpster is not the best place. Next, Beast Boy is sitting on a beach with his toes in the sand and says he's thinking of her. Starfire agrees with it being a proper place to think about the girl he loves. Next, they come across a bathroom that Sticky Joe came out of. He greets them with a "Howdy!" to them both before walking away. Beast Boy says the bathroom doesn't make him think about Raven while he writes down a few more notes on his notepad. Next, the bumper cars. Beast Boy wishes Raven was there as he's having fun. Starfire says carnival rides are another good happy place.
Back at the Tower, Beast Boy tells Robin he thinks Raven is going to like his thoughts but Robin says summer time and peaches are all fine and dandy but what's a love song without a little paranoia? Beast Boy asks what was paranoia and Robin only says he was so glad he asked while he pushed a red button that leads them to a dim room. Robin asks Beast Boy what was his deepest insecurities when it came to Raven. Beast Boy answers sometimes when they're walking hand and hand and then all of a sudden has to go to the bathroom. Robin comments how odd it was and asks what could she be doing in there and Beast Boy says he doesn't know himself. Robin questions the possibility if she had met someone new in there. Freaked out, Beast Boy asks could that be a possibility. Robin is not sure and says a ton of things, which makes Beast Boy wildly paranoid and zooms to the thought where Beast Boy tries to go into the bathroom after Raven but Robin appears and says he can't go in there because it was the LADIES' ROOM and says he has to wait til she comes out...if she ever comes out. Beast Boy and Robin both scream at the thought and then Beast Boy says he's going "cray" which gives him another useful song lyric. He thanks Robin and Robin says he's glad he could help.
The next scene, shows Beast Boy in a recording studio, thinking of what melody to sing the song in. First he tries singing it in a rock anthem but it doesn't please him because it was too intense. He then tries singing it in a country tone but that doesn't please him either. He presses buttons and moves switches on the recording table which gives him a beat he hums the song to and it amuses him. The following scene, he's back at the Tower, in the kitchen were Raven was peacefully eating her morning cereal. Beast Boy gets onto the table but Raven questions his actions and tells him in annoyance to get off of it. He says he just wants her to listen the song he wrote just for her. He turns on the radio and the song plays through the speakers. Raven is not fluttered at first but once she got into the beat and she becomes delighted and then the montage of Beast Boy singing the song to her takes place.
After the song montage, Raven comments he put a lot of thought into it and Beast Boy replies he put so much thought into it for her. Raven feels touched and puckers up to kiss him. Beast Boy is taken by surprise at first and then puckers up as well, leaning in. They romantically kiss for several seconds as Starfire, Cyborg and Robin celebrate while watching them through a video camera on the TV inside the Tower. Beast Boy and Raven break apart from the kiss in the result of blushing bashfully.
Raven then says the song is very catchy and Beast Boy says he wishes everyone in the world could hear it so they all know how much he loves her. Raven replies she knows how much he loves her. Beast Boy says if he uploads the song to the internet then everyone could hear her song. Raven is not agreeing with this and says it's perfect and fine the way it is, just being something just between them and that it's just her song. Beast Boy says he's "fiddling" he should spread the song around and Raven says he shouldn't but he says he is and she asks him to please don't. Beast Boy chants he wants to fiddle which makes Raven angry causing her to transform into her full demonic form. Beast Boy seems to get the hint and gives into her and then she gently kisses him on the cheek.
They sit back on the beach, watching the sunset but secretly behind his back and not Raven knowing, Beast Boy uploads the song to the internet, ending part one of this episode.
The second part to this episode starts off back at Titans Tower with Raven and Beast Boy sitting on the couch, holding hands while lovingly staring at each other. Beast Boy says to Raven them being finally together is like a dream. Raven agrees and says it's crazy but it feels right. The two pucker up to kiss but got rudely interrupted when they hear the other Titans giggling. Raven asks them what they were doing. Cyborg answers now that they were together, they wanted to see what happens next. Starfire adds on and says she's interested in "will they or the won't they" segment in their relationship. Robin cuts in, puts his arm around Starfire and casually says if it makes her wonder if any of the other members of the Titans getting together, implying himself and Starfire hooking up. Starfire disses and tells him her only interest was in the "BB's and the Rae-Rae" (other words Beast Boy and Raven's relationship).
As the other Titans gather closer around Beast Boy and Raven, Cyborg tells them to do something romantic all ready and then turns on the record player, which happens to play romantic sounding music. Feeling pressured, Raven and Beast Boy awkwardly try to think of something to to do and say. Beast Boy puts his arm around Raven and asks her what she was thinking about. Starfire then squeals in delight and mentions how romantic it was, much to Raven's annoyance. Birdarang and Beat Box enter the room with Beat Box playing Beast Boy's song to Raven over his speakers. Beast Boy gets off the couch and starts dancing to the song. Raven angrily asks why was her song doing on the radio. Birdarang says the song is currently the top ranked song, blowing up the charts. Beast Boy tells her she should feel good to inspire a hit song. Raven sarcastically says it's "great". Concerned, Beast Boy asks her what was wrong. Raven explains he took something special from her and gave it to strangers. Beast Boy denies and says the song shows his love for her and how it makes the world a much better place. Beast Boy grabs Raven's hands and tells her he wants to show her something.
The next scene takes place in town. Happy couples are seen all around listening to her song. Beast Boy says her song is bringing people and animals together. Beast Boy says even Sticky Joe is feeling it and it cuts to Sticky Joe and Sticky Joan hugging. Raven seems to have a change of mind and says it's nice. Beast Boy brings up she was mad about him "fiddling with it". Raven angrily says he fiddled with it anyway. Beast Boy explains sometimes you got to fiddle and now that she was not upset anymore about him making her song public, he then reveals he will be going on tour with the song. Raven, clearly unamused about the sudden news, asks him what was she suppose to do while he's gone singing her song to thousands of people. She then gets interrupted by the other Titans' "ooohs", who were watching their argument from behind a bush. Starfire says this was the relationship drama she was hoping for and Cyborg says it was finally getting good. Starfire slurps while she says it's so very "juicy". Cyborg extends his neck to get a better view of the situation and Robin tells him to move because he couldn't see.
Beast Boy turns to Raven and informs her he wasn't leaving her and tells her he wants her to come with him and so she can see how much he loves her. Blushing, she accepts. The following scene, shows Beast Boy on stage at a concert in Jump City, preparing to sing his song to Raven to the crowd. Fangirls squeal and say how cute Beast Boy was. Raven from afar, is surprised by the action while Cyborg mentions how Beast Boy's fans were very affectionate. Robin says to Raven if his man got attention like that, implying if he was in her situation, he'd be upset. Raven informs him it was fine and knows the song was for her. Cyborg tells her the fans didn't. The focus cuts back to Beast Boy with him telling the crowd the song he was about to sing is for something very special to him. Raven appears on stage, teary eyed, thinking he was going to mention her. However, Beast Boy does say to Raven it was for her but then turns around to the crowd and tells everyone it was all for them. Raven leaves the stage heartbroken.
Next shows several short scenes of Beast Boy and Raven traveling the country with the song. In every city, however, while Beast Boy gets a ton of love from fans, Raven is usually seen forgotten and ignored by both the fans and Beast Boy himself. After the montage, Beast Boy walks into the dressing room, after doing another concert. Raven is sitting while reading her book, trying to ignore him. Beast Boy says he needs to get changed for the next show and then takes off his shirt and burns it in the trash. Waving away the smoke, Raven in the moment to ask Beast Boy she was thinking of doing something when the tour is over. Beast Boy ignores her and instead asks what he should wear for this next show. Raven asks in a irritated tone if he was even listening to her. He walks up to her and puts a hand to her cheek and tells of course he was. Raven, thinking he knew, smiles at him. However, Beast Boy came to a decision of an outfit to wear for his next concert: a full body mouse suit! He then tells Raven he needs to go and play the people "their song" and exists the room.
Fed up, Raven becomes to the max very angry with his rude behavior and gets the idea to curse it. This action changes the song's lyrics negativity. While on stage singing the song, Beast Boy is clearly singing the wrong words, upsetting the crowd. Beast Boy questions why he was singing the wrong words and tries again. As he tries again, there is no effect. The song is still cursed. The crowd then throws tomatoes at Beast Boy. Back at the Tower, the cursed song is playing over the radio while the other Titans are reading magazines. The alarm goes off and Robin turns on the TV to find out what the crime was about. To his surprise, everyone has turned on each other.
When the other Titans arrive in town, they are shocked to see the people once love each other, hate each other. Cyborg cuts in between Sticky Joe and Sticky Joan, who were arguing with each other. They throw a can of beans at his head and exit the scene. Starfire asks what was the cause of the madness. Robin listens closely to Beast Boy's song and Cyborg asks if it was Beast Boy's song while Starfire asks why was it making the people angry it once inspired. Back with Beast Boy, the crowd is still upset over the song and still throwing tomatoes and other objects at him. Beast Boy makes a quick exist for the dressing room. He slams the door shut and tells Raven there is something wrong with his mouth. He then punches himself in the mouth repeatedly. Raven tells him to leave his mouth alone and reveals it was the song because she cursed it. Beast Boy asks her why and tells her to remove the curse. Raven explains only he has that power. Confused, Beast Boy asks her what that meant and how he was a man of magic. Raven then tells him then maybe next time he'd think twice before he fiddled with things.
Raven then exists through a portal, back to the Tower with her saying to the other Titans they got the drama they wanted. With no reply from her fellow teammates, Raven looks around the Tower and calls out for them. No answer. Raven looks at the crime alert and discovers everyone in the city has turned against each other due to her cursing the song. Raven transport herself down town and finds her teammates insulting each other. Raven says to herself she just wanted to ruin the song and not the world. The next scene shows back with Beast Boy, who is pressed against the dressing room door, trying to prevent the angry crowd from coming in. He says he needs to get back to Jump City. With a quick whistle, a horse appears to his rescue. Beast Boy asks the horse if he could get a ride home. The horse agrees to the offer. Just when the crowd came barging into the room, Beast Boy jumps onto the horse and exists through the wall. Beast Boy ask the horse what was Raven so mad about. He then explains the wrote her a song and how happy they were together and says how it all were good things. Then mentions he fiddled with thing and got famous and ignored Raven while getting love from all the fans and then says maybe he shouldn't of fiddled.
The following scene, Beast Boy plays a tune about him not fiddling. While he's singing, the song curse has been lifted. Everything gets changed back to normal. Raven tears up at the sight of Beast Boy. Raven tells him he's breaking the curse and he asks if he was doing it by magic. Raven tells him he's breaking it by learning his lesson and explains how he fiddled with things and how he shouldn't have done it. Raven tells him to keep singing and he does. After the curse if entirely lifted, he stops singing to turns back to Raven. As he was in the process of giving Raven a kiss, Raven holds him back and tells him he's still in the doghouse while she drops an actual doghouse on him. Beast Boy transform into a dog and groans in disappointment as the other Titans become heavily interested in what was happening. Cyborg says the drama continues as the episode ends with Starfire munching and saying the drama was very juicy.
- Beast Boy
- Beat Box
- Sticky Joe
- Sticky Joan
- Batman (cameo)
- Commissioner Gordon (cameo)
- Speedy (cameo)
- Kitten (cameo)
- The Joker (cameo as a painted face on a ferris wheel seat)
- Octopus (cameo)
- Seagull (cameo)
- Batgirl (cameo on the back of a magazine)
- Terra (mentioned)
- Beast Boy's Fangirls (debut)
- This episode premiered on Presidents’ Day 2017.
- This episode is the fourth half-hour special of the series. The earlier ones were "Two Parter", "Operation Dude Rescue" and "The Streak".
- This episode was announced a while back at San Diego Comic on Friday, July 10, 2015, and teased by Greg Cipes on several occasions in between. The BBRae song was also announced by Greg Cipes on Instagram, giving fans the whole lyrics to the song.
- This makes this episode to have the longest period of time between its announcement and actual air date, clocking in at a whopping 1 year, 7 months, and 10 days.
- This is the first episode in the series to be named after a popular and well-known forum term used by the fandom.
- Sticky Joan is seen for the second time in the series. Her previous appearance was in "TV Knight".
- During Beast Boy's love song montage, when Beast Boy and Raven are seen sitting in a ferris wheel, The Joker's face is visibly seen painted onto the seat they were sitting in, along with the words, "HA! HA! HA! HA!"
- This episode finally confirms Beast Boy and Raven as a couple in the series.
- Though, the two being together might not stay constant due to the show's low continuity.
- This also marks the first superhero couple as the rest were villain and hero couples.
- This episode's title ("BBRAE") is used for a title to a downloadable album that was released digitally by Greg Cipes and DJ Hymn.
- The song Don't Fiddle With It, is one of the songs on the album; however, the lyrics were altered to be directed towards Raven for this episode.
- The seagull made its first appearance in the fourth season of the series. In the beginning of Part II, he is seen enjoying affectionate petting from the octopus.
- When Birdarang mentions that Beast Boy's song is topping the charts, the next scene shows a list of Teen Titans Go! songs, which were apparently complied from a national sample of internet mentions and Teen Titans Go! fan complaints. The list of songs has Night Begins to Shine on the top of the chart before BBRae becomes the new chart topper. The other songs on the chart are Waffles Song, Pie Bros, Pyramid Mummy Money, Pain, Dance Fo' Yo' Bees, The Burrito/Burger Song, Fade Away, Five Whole Days, She's Gonna Eat It, Stakeout, Pee Pee Dance, Uncle Jokes Rap, Last Breath, Look at Them Legs, Bad Luck, Let's Get Serious!, Shrimps and Prime Rib, Crane Kick, Hot Pepper, When a Fan Is the Man, Real Boy Adventures, Island Adventure, We're Rich, Sour Grapes, We're Gonna Ride that Dragon, Crack that Cookie, Cool School, TTG Theme, Jolly Fat Man, Peace and Love, and Scary Figure Dance.
- Speedy and Kitten are seen to be in a romantic relationship. This makes them the third villain/hero relationship displayed in the series, the first being Cyborg and Jinx and the second briefly being Beast Boy and Terra.
- Even when he's in his human form, Beast Boy has hair all over his body. To show this, when the camera zooms in on Beast Boy secretly uploading Raven's song to the internet, clumps of hair are seen all over his back and sides.
- Robin, Starfire and Cyborg are seen reading magazines with Beast Boy and Raven featured on the covers. Robin is reading an issue of "Teen Issues" with Batgirl on the back cover. Starfire and Cyborg are sharing "The Magazine", which Starfire has also read in many previous episodes.
- During the kitchen scene where Cyborg helps Beast Boy write lyrics for his song to Raven, Batman appears on a "Missing Person" sign on the back of a milk carton in the fridge.
- The title of Beast Boy's song notes in his notebook is titled "Cravin' Raven".
- This is one of Greg Cipes' favorite episodes of the series.
- In Part II when Beast Boy and Raven were dating on the streets, there were actually a pair of female couple included among the various lovers.
- Beast Boy once again sings a love song to a girl he's romantically attracted to. A while back, in "Be Mine", he sung Fade Away to Terra.
- Beast Boy and Raven's strong romantic feelings for each other are once again heavily displayed in the series.
- Raven is seen transforming into her full demonic form again for the third time in the series. The previous episodes she was seen in this form was in "I See You" and "Snuggle Time".
- In this episode, however, her full demonic appearance changes slightly. This form still has red skin, fangs and four yellow eyes. However, her white hair and horns are excluded.
- Batman and Commissioner Gordon's love of bumper cars is displayed again. This was first seen in "The Cruel Giggling Ghoul".
- This is the ninth romantic themed episode of the series. The previous episodes were "The Date", "Terra-ized", "Matched", "Be Mine", "Opposites", "Pirates", "Rocks and Water", and "How 'Bout Some Effort".
- Raven is seen unhooded for the 55th and 56th time in the series.
- This is the sixth episode in the series that focuses on Beast Boy and Raven's relationship. The previous episodes were "Matched", "Terra-ized", "Be Mine", "Pirates" and "Rocks and Water ".
- Beast Boy and Raven have now romantically kissed on the lips twice in this series. The first time was in "Rocks and Water".
- The episode title is a nod to Beast Boy and Raven's most popular and most used "ship name", BBRae.
- Beast Boy's concert outfits of choice is a clear reference to attire worn by his voice actor, Greg Cipes.
- For example, the mouse outfit Beast Boy wears is similar to the one Greg Cipes wore while attending San Diego Comic Con in 2013.
- The excited behavior of the other three Titans throughout this episode may reference the real behavior of fans who support the romantic part of Beast Boy and Raven's relationship.
- When Robin converts the Titan's kitchen area into a therapist's office, a bust of Hugo Strange and Harley Quinn's hood can been spotted on a shelf. Both happen to be therapists and Batman villains. There is also a clock with a crown on it in the scene, which may be a subtle reference to another Batman villain, the Clock King.
- The lyric "Doctor, doctor, help me, help me" in Beast Boy's song may be a reference to a similar lyric in the song, "Turn Me On" by David Guetta featuring Nicki Minaj.
- The hearts used in this episode is the reference to the ending hearts in The Powerpuff Girls.
- During Beast Boy's love song montage in part one, the scene where Beast Boy and Raven are sitting on the beach barefooted, their shoes were nowhere to be found. But when the camera zooms closer, both their shoes are seen placed next to them.
- Beast Boy says he can't be seen wearing an outfit twice. However, he has been seen wearing a certain outfit several times, more than twice.
- Beast Boy attempting to win Raven over.
- Robin, Cyborg and Starfire being heavily interested in Beast Boy and Raven's "relationship drama".
- Starfire slurping like YandereDev and saying "juicy".
The transcript for "BBRAE" can be found here.
|The image gallery for BBRAE may be viewed here.|