The Balloon Man (aka The Inflated Destroyer, The Inflated Destroyer Balloon Man or The Inflatable Destroyer) is a minor character and villain who first appears in Teen Titans Go! To the Movies in the beginning of the movie. He is voiced by Greg Davies.
The Balloon Man first appears in the Teen Titans Go! film, Teen Titans Go! to the Movies. As seen in the first trailer, he is preparing to attack Jump City until the Teen Titans show up to stop him. Beast Boy transforms into a porcupine and shoots needles at him, piercing him in the behind.
The needles make a hole in his bottom and with that causes him to make a farting sound while he deflates. Cyborg and Starfire come to a halt in confusion while Beast Boy and Raven laugh and tease him. Embarrassed, he covers his bum with his hands to try to prevent the sound from being heard.
He also appears in the new Lil Yachty music video, asking who the Titans are.
The Balloon Man is a giant pink man made out of transparent balloon-like material.
"Wakey wakey! It is I, the inflated destroyer Balloon Man!"
"Ha ha ha ha! Time to inflate my bank account!"
"Ha ha! Who wants a balloon animal?"
"That wasn't a fart! That was just air leaving my butt!"
"You guys are awfully immature for the Justice League."
"I don't know. I thought you were maybe some of the lesser-known members?"
"I recognize you now. You are the Guardians of the Galaxy!"
"All right, all right. Then who are you?"
"Ha ha ha ha!"
- Flight: He can fly, just like a real balloon can, because he's filled with helium.
- Balloon-Making: He can make balloon animals and use them as minions/weapons.
- Super Strength: He was seen lifting an entire bank.
- Bullet Resistance: He was shot by police officers but the bullets did nothing but irritate him.
- Enhanced Jumping: Being a balloon, it can be assumed that he is capable of changing his jump height.
- Air Projection: After the cops shot him, he retaliated with a huge blast of air which sent the officers and all their vehicles flying, only to be saved by Raven's powerful telekinesis.
- In the DC comic books, the Balloon Man is an enemy of the Metal Men, a team of robot superheroes created by Doc Magnus.
- The Balloon Man appears in Teen Titans Go! issue #57, "Falling Stars", which is a comic issue based on Teen Titans Go! to the Movies.
- In Teen Titans GO! Figure, the Titans can do missions for a happy balloon vendor. For one mission, he asks for balloons from the Ace Chemicals factory, which turn out to be filled with radioactive gas. When you talk to the balloon vendor later on, his skin has turned pink and he's now angry, mentioning that he's suddenly having villainous thoughts.
- Therefore, it is heavily indicated Balloon Man was originally this balloon vendor before turning evil probably due to radioactivity exposure.
- The first teaser for the Teen Titans Go! to the Movies had Phil Lamarr play Balloon Man, before James Corden was officially announced as the voice of Balloon Man. The latter was then replaced by Greg Davies for unknown reasons.