Birdarang is a minor reoccurring character in Teen Titans Go!. He was created by Robin and Cyborg in the episode "Power Moves," and has since then he became Robin's little buddy, and Beat Box's partner and best friend. He is voiced by Scott Menville.
After accidentally using an amazing power move to defeat Mammoth, Robin and Cyborg retreated to the garage to see what else their combined powers could do. Their first experiment, which combined Robin's staff and Cyborg's boombox, resulted in the creation of Beat Box.
Their second experiment, however, consisted of one of Robin's bird-a-rangs and one of Cyborg's microchips. Robin held it up, and Cyborg jammed in his microchip just straight into it. The result: Birdarang! He uttered the words "What's up, fellas?". Being created in the same environment as Beat Box, Birdarang instantly proceeds to party, with music supplied by the nearby Beat Box. Later that day, Birdarang joined Robin, Cyborg, and the Beat Box as they traveled around Jump City, merging everything they could find.
During the episode "Brian", Birdarang displays a quite relaxed personality, having no problem with partying for eight months while the Titans were imprisoned. At the start of the rescue operation Birdarang shows a happy-go-lucky attitude and can be seen partying as a distraction for the guard and then partying once in the cell. Birdarang does however show composure, leading the team of Pain Bot, Dave, Beat Box, Super Robin in breaking out of their cage. Birdarang also shows resilience and loyalty when taking on The Brain.
- The Inner Beauty of a Cactus
- TV Knight 2
- Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star
- The Academy
- Costume Contest
Top of the Titans
- Teen Titans Go! To The Movies (cameo)
- Flight: Birdarang can hover in the air.
- Power Armor: As seen in "Brian", he is capable of transforming power armor capable of super strength and heat vision out of his one eye.
- "What's up fellas?"
- "Now that's a mouthful."
- "Thats a fashion no no."
- "Smooth move bro."
- "Hi ya fellas."
- "Roger that, bye ya fellas."
- "This is going to be off the chain yo."
- "Let's do this Beat Box."
- "Let's break it down."
- "That's ri-donk-ulous."
- "A suicide mission to save the other Titans?"
- "Let's dance Brian!"
- "Word to your whole family!"
- "This is my jam yo!"
- "Oh dang!"
- "Prepare yourselves, this is gonna be one titanic takedown!"
- "Oh Snap!"
- Birdarang first appeared in the episode "Books". However, its origin takes place in the episode "Power Moves".
- His running stance shown in "Brian" is very similar to Sonic the Hedgehog's running stance.
- In the episode Brian, he fights The Brain while in a "super mode", with arms and legs. This is also the only episode where he does this.
- He is not to be confused with Robin's birdarang weapons, which was half of what he was made of.
- As shown in "Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star", "The Academy", and "Costume Contest", he hosted special events throughout the fourth season.
- He also hosted the "Top of the Titans" specials and in the fifth season special "Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star: Second Greatest Team Edition".
- As also shown throughout the series, Birdarang is best friends with Beat Box.
- In "Jinxed", Robin swallows Birdarang to speak while he lost his voice.