Bumblebee (Karen Beecher) is the leader of Titans East and a superheroine in Teen Titans Go!. She made her first debut and cameo in "Starliar". She temporarily becomes the 6th and newest member of the Teen Titans in the Sixth Titan arc, from "Forest Pirates" up until "The Viewers Decide" when she leaves both Titan teams to work as a solo hero with the alias "Bat Bee."
She also makes a cameo appearance in "Yearbook Madness." Her head is seen in a photo along with Starfire, Raven and Jinx. She is later seen dining at the Yum Yum Kitty Diner with her fellow teammates. Robin forces her team to sign his yearbook.
In "Snuggle Time", she is seen being tortured with the rest of her team. In "Shrimps and Prime Rib", she assisted Aqualad in taking out The Brain's generator. She is seen participating in the competition in "Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star", twirling hoops as her act.
As shown in "Flashback", Bumblebee was invited to a Teen Titans tryout by Robin. During the tryouts, she experience Robin's temper torwards the other superheroes that would later become his teammates. Because of this, Kid Flash suggests that they kick Robin out and that he should be the leader instead, to which Bumblebee, Speedy and Aqualad agree to. They take the Titans Tower from Robin and form their team.
Later on, Bumblebee and the others are challenged by Robin's team to a competition to take back the Tower and to reclaim Robin's status as leader. Eventually, the Titans overthrow Kid Flash, breaking his leg and throwing him out of the Tower. She sees Kid Flash hobbling away, telling them they should form the Titans East on the East Coast.
She competed once again with her team in "Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star: Second Greatest Team Edition". From "Forest Pirates" to "What We Learned at Camp", she became the extra member of the Titans during her stay with them at the summer camp. By the end of the summer camp, she was ultimately counted as the sixth member of the Teen Titans. She moved into Titans Tower in "Communicate Openly".
After staying with the Titans for a few months, she grows tired of her life hanging around with a group of degenerates and ultimately defects herself from Titans West in "The Viewers Decide" by becoming Bat Bee.
Bumblebee is positive, enthusiastic and peppy, since she enjoys seeing the optimistic perspective, like Starfire. She is always hyped to join the rest of the Titans, but on the other hand, she also seems to be the only member to voice out her own opinions, such as stating her disagreement on Robin's claim of holding a hilarious campfire will attract wolves in "Campfire!".
Bumblebee also seems to have a fervent interest on romantic subjects, namely camp romance as shown in "The Bergerac" when she gets pumped up over Robin's budding romance with Wonder Girl and does display her pity when Wonder Girl breaks up with Robin, though she apparently dislikes the 80's in the said episode.
In spite of her upbeat characteristic, Bumblebee can still get enraged in certain occasions, such as in "The Bergerac" when the four other main Titans refuse to support Robin and when Beast Boy is about to pig out the picnic. This weakness of hers is further demonstrated in "Communicate Openly" when she originally fails to adjust her lifestyle to match with the other Titans and gradually causes her rage to pent up.
Bumblebee is a super heroine, whose attire consists of a sleeveless yellow & black turtleneck outfit (revealing her midriff), black pants, and built-in black boots. She also wears a yellow belt, arm band and golden hoop earrings. She has blue wings allowing her to be able to fly. Bumblebee also has her black hair into two bun.
In "Forest Pirates", her appearance has changed quite a bit. She has become slightly shorter, has a bigger and rounder head with slightly different looking hair and no visible lips. She wears black and yellow wristbands instead of arm bands and is given yellow boots. Rather than having wings on her back, she wears a yellow pack in which her wings can appear at will Instead.
Powers and Abilities
- Shrinking: Bumblebee can shrink to the size of an actual bee.
- Winged flight: She can fly using the bee wings on her back.
- Electric Stingers: She has a pair of B-shaped "stingers" that can create powerful blasts of bright yellow electrical energy that she can shoot at her enemies and can sting like actual bee stings. She is only seen with these in the comics.
- Bee Hive/Honey Generation: She can create cannons from her hands that shoot bee hives filled with honey.
- Bee Manipulation: She can give orders to bees by whistling.
- Bee Transformation:By consuming a large amount of royal jelly, she can turn herself into a queen bee.
- Shrimps and Prime Rib (cameo)
- The Streak (cameo)
- Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star (cameo)
- Costume Contest (cameo)
- Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star: Second Greatest Team Edition (cameo)
- Forest Pirates (speaking debut)
- The Bergerac
- Snot and Tears
- What We Learned at Camp
- Communicate Openly
- Royal Jelly
- Strength of a Grown Man
- Had to Be There
- Girls Night In
- The Great Disaster
- The Viewers Decide
- Collect Them All (as a toy)
Appearances in other Media
- In the original DC Comics, Bumblebee wore either a mask or goggles.
- She is one of the few characters to receive a redesign at some point in the series.
- She is the only character to appear in the original series to have a major design change in the middle of the series.
- In the original series, she was voiced by T'Keyah Keymah.
- She is the eighth character to not have his or her original voice actors reprise his or her role from the original series. (Along with Speedy, Killer Moth, Silkie, The Brain, Billy Numerous, Kid Flash and Slade.)
- She is also the first and currently the only female character from the original series to not have her voice actor return.
- In the original series, Cyborg made Bumblebee the leader of Titans East when he left the team to return to his original team.
- As of "The Viewers Decide", Bumblebee is tied with Aqualad for the most episode appearances of the Titans East members, with 25 counting cameos and flahbacks. She also holds the record for most speaking appearances of the Titans East member due to her becoming the sixth Titan.
- She enjoys all girl slumber parties, and she also teased Raven about her crush on Beast Boy through a game of Truth or Dare, as seen in the Teen Titans Go! comic issue #12, titled "Sleep Over."
- She probably tied her black hair to two buns because her buns resemble to a bee's antenna.
- The outlines of her wings are white instead of light-blue in "Flashback".
- Bumblebee is the only Titan who doesn't get reprise by an original voice actor.
- Despite getting a redesign in "Forest Pirates", her original design is still used for her chibi form as shown in "The Bergerac" as well as the opening sequence.
- She has a tendency to speak with bee puns.
- In several episodes such as "Communicate Openly" and "Had to Be There", Bumblebee is heavily indicated to dislike being hugged.
- She doesn’t like being called with nicknames, as she gets offended by how the Titans refer her as "Bumbles" in "Communicate Openly".
|The image gallery for Bumblebee may be viewed here.|