Buttercup is a member of The Powerpuff Girls and a super heroine in Teen Titans Go!. She made her debut in the crossover episode with The Powerpuff Girls rebooted series in "TTG v PPG." She is voiced by Natalie Palamides.
Buttercup was accidentally created by Professor Utonium, a scientist striving "to create the perfect little girl". He combined sugar, spice, and everything nice. However, during the experiment, he accidentally spilled a mysterious substance called "Chemical X" into the mixture.
Buttercup has short, black hair in a buzz cut. She has huge, bright green eyes and wears a bright green dress with a black stripe in the center with white tights and shiny, black shoes.
Among the Powerpuff Girls, Buttercup is the most tomboyish and aggressive, usually having an angrier disposition in comparison to Bubbles and Blossom. However, she happens to be somewhat of a troublemaker; she enjoys fighting villains and criminals and despises girly things like skirts and scrap-booking.
Buttercup would rather hang out with the Ganggreen Gang, a gang of five teenage hoodlums that are green-skinned and unhealthy-looking. She really enjoys playing death ball with them and is considered a very good friend with them. In particular, Buttercup hates being called "princess", as she will fly into an annoyed rage at any who calls her such.
Powers and Abilities
- Green Energy Projection
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Heat Vision
- TTG v PPG (debut)
- Shrimps and Prime Rib (cameo)
Names in other languages
- Bellota - Latin American Spanish
- Docinho - Brazilian Portuguese
- Rebelle - French
- Molly - Italian
- Cactus - European Spanish
- Brawurka - Polish
- Bellis - Danish
- Buttran - Swedish
- Csuporka - Hungarian
- Пестик (pʲˈesʲtʲɪk) - Russian
- Бръшлян (Brŭshlyan) - Bulgarian
- 毛毛 (Máomao) - Taiwanese
- バターカップ (Batākappu) - Japanese
Voice in other languages
- Jocelyn Robles - Latin American Spanish
- Ana Elena Bittencourt - Brazilian Portuguese
- Joana Castro - European Portuguese
- Olivia Luccioni - French
- Monica Bertolotti - Italian
- Magdalena Wasylik - Polish
- Kiss Virág - Hungarian
- Ilona Brokowski - German
- Joël Mulachs, Marta Covas (sing) - European Spanish
- Raluca Botez - Romanian
- Tomo Muranaka - Japanese
- As the most negative of the Girls, she is similar to Raven. Coincidentally, they are voiced by same voice actress in the Italian dub (Monica Bertolotti).
- She is the only Powerpuff Girl who does not possess any unique abilities of her own; a fact that bothered her very much in the original series episode Nuthin' Special.
- It's ironic that being a girl, Buttercup likes manly stuff instead of girly stuff.
- Hence, Buttercup doesn't like being called a princess.
- Buttercup was voiced by Jennifer Fried in The Whoopa** Girls short, while in What A Cartoon! and in the original 1998 Powerpuff Girls series, she was voiced by E.G. Daily, but in the 2016 reboot, she is voiced by Natalie Palamides.
- Buttercup has short, black curvy hair in her 1998 counterpart, but in her 2016 version, she has a cowlick on top of her head.