- ¿Cómo te atreves a bailar con otro! (How dare you dance with another!)
- --Carlos in La Larva de Amor
Carlos is the main antagonist of the Teen Titans Go! episode "La Larva de Amor". He is a Mexican mafia boss engaged in several illegal activities in Mexico. His falling out with Sonia Conchita Hernández leads him into a fight with the Teen Titans' pet, Silkie.
Leading a rich-but-criminal lifestyle, Carlos seemed to have been corrupted by his power- his temper erupted when he visited his own Night Club to find his ex-fiancé, Sonia Conchita Hernández, dancing with Silkie, Starfire's pet larva moth. Apparently, the two were together at one point, but Sonia left Carlos because of his furious temper and abusive ways. In retaliation, he ordered his bodyguards to kidnap the two and bring them to his mansion\prison.
It wasn't not long before Silkie crawled free from his bonds and made his way through the house. Carlos had been waiting for him at his luxurious balcony. Now that they were alone, Carlos drew a sword, well, really just a big dagger, from his cane scabbard, and he charged at Silkie with a deafening battle cry. However, his first jab missed, and Silkie nonchalantly crawled away. Carlos pulled off a few fencing moves before lunging out at Silkie once more. That time, however, he overshot it, and plunged down the balcony. The duel was a bitter failure for him.
The next day, after Sonia had been rescued, Carlos was seen grasping onto a branch jutting out of the cliff for dear life. All of a sudden, a giant gray bird swooped down and carried away, and Carlos let out a tragic screech...
Dressed in very fancy clothes, Carlos looks like just about any other common mob boss. He is of shorter stature with spotless, white pants held up by a tan belt and golden buckle. Carlos also has a pair of black boots. His pink, short-sleeved shirt is unbuttoned at the collar to reveal his chest hair. Carlos' skin is light brown, and he has a black mustache and a nice, upper-class haircut. There's a small cut in his right eyebrow, like the Mexicans do it. He regularly squints his eyes, and has a single golden tooth. The gilded cane Carlos carries around isn't necessarily for walking; it doubles as a short rapier, with a hilt and everything.
- "La Larva de Amor" (debut & only appearance)
- Even though he is the episode's antagonist, and Silkie's arch-enemy, he is also the first villain not to be encountered by the Teen Titans who are the title protagonists.
- Carlos is a parody of antagonists in Spanish soap operas.
- Based on the fact that he is very rich, but very aggressive, with volatile behavior and the fact that he has two very well-armed bodyguards, it's implied that Carlos would be a powerful criminal (possibly head of a powerful drug cartel).
- The voice actor for Carlos is Scott Menville (who voices Robin), although he is not credited for the role during the episode's end credits.
- All of his lines are in Spanish. One of them is ¡Hola! ("Hello!")
|The image gallery for Carlos may be viewed here.|