Control Freak forces the Titans and the Scooby-Doo Gang to compete on a cartoon-themed edition of Family Feud.
- Beast Boy
- Control Freak
- Mystery Incorporated
- This is the second crossover of the series. The first one is "TTG v PPG".
- This is the first episode to feature the original five-Titan lineup since "What's Opera Titans".
- Casey Kasem, the original voice actor of Shaggy Rogers, has long passed away. Therefore, Shaggy is voiced by Matthew Lillard (a longtime replacement for Kasem) in this episode.
- This is second time Kate Micucci guest stars in the show. In the Season 1 episode "Parasite", she was Parry. But this time she voices Velma.
- The gangs break the fourth wall by saying that Fred and Scooby Doo are played by Frank Welker, and Fred denying that they are voiced by a Frank (which ironically he is).
- The Telepics song during the chase of Control Freak and the Titans is called "When We Dancing".
- Robin's baby hands are once again mentioned by the other Titans.
- Robin once again does the unmasking from "The Cruel Giggling Ghoul".
- Family Feud is a long-running game show with many versions played over the years, Two teams of five players each compete. The game is based around surveys of 100 people who are asked to name something in a category with multiple possible answers (e.g., "Name a famous George", "Name something you might give as a gift on a date", "Name a reason a bride might not say 'I do' during a wedding ceremony"). All responses are worth as many points as people who said it, so that a response said by 15 people would be worth 15 points. The contestants try to come up with all the responses given by at least two of the hundred people asked. Each round begins with a member of each team facing off. The one who comes up with a better response (said by more people) wins control. This team, going by turns, tries to name all the remaining answers. They win the round, and the points, if they can name them all. If the response is not on the board, the team gets a strike. Three strikes, and the other team gets a chance to steal the points by naming one of the remaining answers. If the steal is not successful, the other team wins the points. Later rounds can be worth double or triple points. The first team to get 300 points wins the game. There's also a bonus round not seen on this episode.
- The show is known by other names in other countries. The British version, for example, is called Family Fortunes.
- The set seen in this episode is the one used on the original version, which was hosted by Richard Dawson and ran from 1976 to 1985. The theme song heard here, however, didn't debut until the Ray Combs version of 1988 to 1993.
- When Control Freak mockingly asked why Mystery Incorporated were more entertaining than the Teen Titans, Cyborg mentioned Frank Welker, the voice actor who has played numerous roles, namely Megatron from Transformers, Slimer from The Real Ghostbusters as well as Fred Jones and Scooby-Doo (whom he started voicing in 2002).
- Cyborg also appears to like all of the aforementioned characters voiced by Frank in this episode.
- Control Freak mentioned the Scooby-Doo styled chase in this episode.
- The chase between him and the Titans is also a parody/reference of the one in the 2003 Teen Titans episode "Mad Mod".
The transcript for "Cartoon Feud" can be viewed here.
|The image gallery for Cartoon Feud may be viewed here.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.