When Starfire only expresses her intense and close affection to a cat, Robin realizes that the only way Starfire will ever notice him is if he turns into a cat. Unfortunately, his plan for love and affection didn't work out as he'd hoped.
The Titans try to stop a bomb from Dr. Light and end up making a horrible argument. Starfire carried the bomb up into space and didn't make out in time. She fell and hit into the ground, knocking her into a coma, and Robin tries to get her to wake up and he starts to cry. After finding out that she was okay and he tries to tell her about how much he loved her. While professing his love for her, Starfire asks if he saw the kitten behind him and she pick it up. Back at the tower, Starfire was playing with the kitty and calling him Nibbles, Robin concludes that the only way Starfire will love him is if he is a cat, while Beast Boy says a dog would be better. Cyborg tries to tell Robin that how he can become a cat is by wishing a shooting star. Taking Cyborg's advice he sees the star and makes a wish.
The next morning, Robin thought he had become a cat but Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg started to laugh revealing that it was just a prank and he was wearing cat gloves. Robin said the star didn't work, but Cyborg said that a shooting star doesn't turn people into cats. Beast Boy said that he's not going to win Star over by using whiskers or becoming a cat. The next day, Robin dresses as cat using a costume. Starfire saw Robin dressed as a cat and she tosses the kitten she had and named him "Sassypants" and had "Kitty Fun Times" with him which he thoroughly enjoyed . In a comic, Raven said that Sassypants does nothing but sleep and eat. Cyborg makes lasagna and Sassypants kicks Beast Boy as a dog, and ate a whole lasagna and tells him he hates Monday.
Meanwhile, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg tell Starfire that they had to get rid of Sassypants and Starfire says that she going to move into a apartment. Several months later, Starfire brought more kittens into her apartment. Another several more months later, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg told Starfire that she had to come back and Raven told Sassypants to come over. Sassypants doesn't listen until Cyborg told Sassypants to come over by using a yarn ball. Beast Boy told that Starfire became a "Cat Lady" because of him. Raven say that he's hopeless and they leave. Sassypants goes into the window and realizes that becoming a cat made Starfire love him in the wrong way and tries to get rid of the cats. Robin dressed up as a puppy and gets rid of the kittens. Starfire comes back with her kitty's food and then she gets hit by a can . Starfire slowly reads the can reading they have ran away. She cries for her kittens and Robin (dressed as a puppy) barks. She sees the new puppy and she is turned back to normal for example she loses her sweater and changes back her normal clothing. Outside in the fields, Starfire and Puppy (aka Robin) are playing fetch the ball and Raven said that living with pets can be a long dawn. While Raven says this the audience can hear a car screeching and a dog barking, implying the puppy (a.k.a Robin) got ran over.
- This episode aired one year after "Brian".
- This episode is the third season premiere.
- Like the second season, the dancing scene in the Title Theme changed for the start of the new season, Season 3.
- Despite being advertised as "A Cat's Fancy" prior to release, the title is actually shown as "Cat's Fancy" within the episode.
- After Cyborg asks Starfire to come home, she briefly uses a contraction (couldn't instead of could not).
- This is the second time that Starfire openly reciprocates Robin's affections in full knowledge, even if it was as a cat and not himself. The first time was in "Mouth Hole".
- It's implied that Robin gets hit by a car at the end to show.
- This is the first time that Starfire (officially) leaves the Titans. She's the second character overall.
- This is the fourth episode in which Robin wears pajamas. The others were "Dreams", "Slumber Party" and "Staff Meeting".
- This episode shows that Starfire cares more about cats then her own friends.
- The Season 3 premiere marks the first episode to use the 2015 Warner Bros Animation closing logo with the Looney Tunes backgrounds on them.
- Starfire's fondness of cats appears for the sixth time. ("Dreams", "Caramel Apples", "Multiple Trick Pony", "And the Award for Sound Design Goes to Rob", "The HIVE Five")
- Robin wears his red pajamas from "Nose Mouth".
- The framed scene is a parody of Jim Davis' Garfield comics. Robin eats lasagna and says, "I hate Mondays", just like Garfield. Cyborg mentions that he's unable to find a date and makes lasagna, like Jon Arbuckle. Beast Boy mentions getting tired of getting kick off the table and even turns into a dog resembling Odie.
- The carpet from the sofa chair may be a reference to Gumball Watterson from The Amazing World of Gumball.
- The carpet, however, looks more realistic.
- The Amazing World of Gumball is also a show on Cartoon Network.
- There are multiple pictures of different versions of Catwoman in Starfire's apartment.
- In the intro, Robin is doing Gangnam Style. This is the second time an existing dance is referenced in the intro, the first was Cyborg doing the robot in the second season.
- The lemon-headed cat is a reference to the term, "sourpuss".
- Robin holding Starfire after the bomb going off reflects that of when he did the same in the movie "Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo", right after Daizo's defeat.
- Sassypants is a reference to "Sassycat" from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
- Cyborg says that he can't get a date, despite being in a relationship with Jinx. This, however, was most likely done to reference Jon Arbuckle from the Garfield comics.
- Beast Boy claims that if Robin became a cat, Starfire would become a cat lady. However, this means that the cat she had found before that would also turn her into a cat lady, even if Robin didn't become a feline.
- The cage Starfire puts Cat Robin in has no locking mechanism on the door.
- Starfire shouldn't own Sassypants/Robin and other kitties at the same time in the same apartment as cats are solitary animals that aren't use to live in a group.
- Starfire calling Robin "Sassypants".
- Beast Boy saying that Starfire will become a "Cat Lady".
- Robin acting like a cat.
- Starfire loving cats.
- Starfire tossing cats in favor of others.
- First, Starfire throws away Nibbles when she sees Robin dressed up as a cat.
- Starfire is at first saddened by all her cats leaving her apartment, but immediately warms up to Robin dressed up as a dog
The transcript for "Cat's Fancy" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Cat's Fancy may be viewed here.|