The Titans return to the alternate reality to save Cyborg but will they be able to defeat the dragon?
At the the titans tower, Beast Boy returns, telling the other members that he found William. J. Regans, a 20% of The Night Begins to Shine. Then William says that they need the other 80% of B.E.R. When Raven finds them, the titans discover that B.E.R can't sing the song because of the prophecy, the titans encourage them to make a new one. When they are transported back into the alternate dimension by the song Forever Mine, the dragon waits for them and assembles an ambush with alternate cyber warriors. When B.E.R are imprisoned in a green prison ball, they meet Cyborg, which he thinks since B.E.R is back, they can defeat the dragon. Instead, the dragon creates a giant electrical keyboard stage which he tells the titans and B.E.R that with B.E.R's energy, he can get the song from Cyborg. When the dragon succeeds and takes over his former lands, he puts the titans on trial, which they were sentenced to righteous termination. Cyborg, still tired from the blast, tells B.E.R do they believe in the power of music, they say yes, which Cyborg summons the song to Fallout Boy and CeeLo Green. Which summons them to the alternate dimension.
- Beast Boy
- Evil Dragon
- Fall Out Boy
- CeeLo Green
- Zu (CeeLo Green's dog)
- This is the third episode of a special that contains a series of four episodes dedicated to Cyborg's favorite song, The Night Begins to Shine.
- The overall title of this special series of episodes is called The Day the Night Stopped Beginning to Shine and Became Dark Even Though it Was the Day.
- This episode premieres exactly a year after "Open Door Policy" of Island Adventures.
- William. J. Regan refers to himself as a "sweet, sweet 20%" of B.E.R. This refers back to the episode 40%, 40%, 20% where Cyborg attributes a percentage to each member of B.E.R. for their contribution to creating "The Night Begins to Shine".
- CeeLo Green says "This is crazy" referencing to the song, "Crazy" from the group he was formerly in called Gnarls Barkley.
- B.E.R.'s robot transformation has some clear references to the French electronic music duo Daft Punk.
- Carl Burnett's helmet is a very similar to the helmet used by Daft Punk's Guy-Manuel de Homem-Cristo during their so-called Discovery era.
- Billy's helmet resembles the one used by Thomas Bangalter in the same era: they both have the ability to display text messages, shown when they are singing Forever Mine, and the short, straight slit present where a mouth should be.
- Carl plays the drums, as does de Homem-Cristo, and Billy plays the bass, as does Bangalter.
- William J. Regan referring to all the things he and his band mates "saw".
The transcript for "Chapter Three: Playing Hard to Get" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Chapter Three: Playing Hard to Get may be viewed here.|