Control Freak is an overweight geek who specializes in computers, electronics, and other technologies. He mainly focuses on making himself appear cool instead of using his genius brains to defeat the Titans.
Powers and Abilities
Control Freak has a remote control that he can use to send himself and others into the television world. While inside, the world within the television is a real alternate world, where Control Freak is in full control. The remote also has the power to turn props originating from said television world into his own personal minions. Unfortunately, he is solely dependent on it for his device; if it was nabbed from him, Control Freak is virtually powerless.
As a television buff Control Freak has extensive knowledge about various shows and expert usage of various powers and weapons they're in. In several cases, he uses this knowledge to his advantage in attempts to confound his enemies.
- Nose Mouth (debut, cameo)
- This episode he debuts is strangely similar to the original series episode "For Real", when he challenges the Titans East by casting them into scenarios on television they must solve and escape to prove themselves. Its ending is also similar to that in this episode, except it's the good guys who are zapped right in front of the bad guy instead.
- Control Freak made a cameo appearance in Robin's dream along with Kyd Wykkyd, Killer Croc, and Plasmus in "Nose Mouth". Although it was his very first appearance, he had no lines and thus is not considered his actual debut.
- He is the fourteenth and fifteenth villain from the original series to return, along with Kyd Wykkyd.
- He was voiced by Alexander Polinsky in the original series as well.
- In the original series he was part of The Brotherhood of Evil.
- Also in the original series, he was aware of the fourth wall and as shown in Teen Titans Go!, he kept his fourth wall breaking ways as shown in "The Fourth Wall".
- When he says goodbye, he always says "Freak out".
- Control Freak was also the name from the Oggy and the Cockroaches episode.
- Control Freak is apparently aware of the original series and the spin-off, Teen Titans Go! as shown in "The Fourth Wall". He even said he was responsible for the spin-off and for the change in the style of animation whilst having the power known as 4th Wall Awareness.
- From all his persistent attempts to cancel Teen Titans Go!, Control Freak is basically the symbol and representative of the majority of 2003 Teen Titans fans and the haters.
Voice in other languages
- Bálint Magyar (Hungarian)
- ? (Italian)
- Cosmin Sofron (Romanian)
- Jakub Szydłowski (Polish)
- Wirley Contaifer (Brazil)
- Pierre Laurent (French)
|The image gallery for Control Freak may be viewed here.|