- When Raven is dancing in the Pandora story she tells, music from "The Overbite" is reused.
- This is the fifth episode where Robin tells a story while the other Titans twist it around. Previous episodes involve "Grube's Fairytales", "History Lesson", "Orangins", and "Tall Titan Tales".
- Raven is seen unhooded for the 93rd time.
- Raven's talent for dancing is displayed.
- Raven's hair turns into snakes in the story Beast Boy tells, which is a reference to Medusa.
- Starfire's "Cheesy Touch" is a reference to the Golden Midas Touch.
- Starfire did the "Floss Dance" in this episode.
- The segment of which Beast Boy (as Icarus) had his shirt (made by his dad) that had a "Fly" tag labelled on his belt and then got severely burned is a reference to how the real Icarus ignored his dad’s warning of never flying too close to the sun; the shirt is the equivalent of the man made wings of the myth of Icarus, which is also highly flammable.
- Starfire (as King Midas in her story) turning everything into cheese and eating them.
- The titans eliminating Robin when he's about to tell his story and before they tell their's.
The transcript for "Don't Be an Icarus" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Don't Be an Icarus may be viewed here.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.