Doomsday is a immensely destructive creature from the planet of Krypton. Only the strongest heroes can put up a defense against him—and even then, the beast's resurrection powers make him just about unbeatable.
Long ago on the brutal planet of Krypton, an alien scientist named Bertron began an experiment to create an ultra-powerful life form. His test subject was just an infant, who stood no chance of survival on Krypton. However, each time the baby died, Bertron resurrected him with a new adaptation to overcome the previous death. After thousands of deaths, the infant had now grown exceedingly deadly—and hateful of all life. When the beast became able to revive without Bertron's help, he killed the scientist and left Krypton. From then on he went from planet to planet with nothing but murder on his mind. The monster caught so many bodies that Justice League member Booster Gold called him "Doomsday." Even Superman was killed by the Kryptonian creature.
Somewhere during this career of dying, reviving, and slaughter, Doomsday encountered the Teen Titans in Jump City (as seen in "The Great Disaster"). The team was about to engage the monster, but Hawkman stepped up instead. After four days of harrowing hand-to-hand combat, the Justice League member eventually defeated him. For now.
Physical AppearanceYears upon years of adaptation have transformed Doomsday into a formidable looking beast... spines extend from multiple portions of his body, offering intimidation and protection (even his eyebrows are spiky!). In addition, his highly built body shows that it's not just genetics; he's also got a good workout program. Doomsday wears tight-fitting green shorts held up with a green and gold buckle, as well as green boots. Blazing red eyes finish up the terrifying look.
Powers and Abilities
- Resurrection: Because Doomsday can keep coming back to life, he's pretty much unstoppable.
- Adaptation: Also, each time Doomsday returns from the dead, it's with a new adaptation against the previous defeat.
- Super Strength: Objects to heavy for humans to lift or to big to crush pose no problem for this monster.
- Super Durability: While not un-damageable, Doomsday's very tough to wound.
- Super Stamina: As Bumblebee mentioned in "The Great Disaster," Doomsday fought for four days before defeat.
- Super Speed: Despite his hulking size, this beast has some great speed capabilities.
- Healing: On the off chance that Doomsday is injured, he can heal himself up.
- Venomous Claws: Razor sharp claws on the creature's fingers can inject venom.
- Super Leaping: Although flight is barred from Doomsday, he can sill jump far. Better than nothing.
- Enhanced Vision: The beast's blazing eyes have exceptional vision.
- Self-Sustainment: Doomsday doesn't even need air, food, or water.
- Hand-To-Hand Combat: While strength is his main ally, Doomsday also has a few moves to employ against his foes.
- "The Great Disaster" (debut)
- While "The Great Disaster" was Doomsday's first true in-the-person appearance, his skull and references to the character have shown up throughout the series, including:
- Since there are multiple universes within Detective Comics, there's also multiple versions of Doomsday. It's unclear which version of the character the Teen Titans Go! one is based off of—New Earth, Prime Earth, or even the DC Extended Universe (Superman as an adversary to Doomsday is referred to as the "Man of Steel" in this episode, a title of a movie in the DC EU). Perhaps this version is entirely separate. (It should be noted, though, that this article is based off of the New Earth version.)
- Hawkman manages to defeat Doomsday, even though most would agree that the Kryptonian catastrophe is many tiers above the hero in terms of power. It's unknown just how Hawkman pulled this win off since it's never shown.
|The image gallery for Doomsday may be viewed here.|