After having all of his friends refuse to drive him anymore, Robin looked online and found a guy named Ed who could help renew his driver license. While waiting for his instructor to join him in the car, Ed, carrying stolen merchandise, supposedly thought he tricked Robin into helping him clear the crime scene. Ed, wanting more loot to take home, kept failing Robin unjustly by giving him multiple deductions for ridiculous reasons just so he could be the get-away driver over and over again. Determined to not fail his test another time, Robin took extreme measures to out-run the cops and the other Titans. In the end, it turns out that Robin knew Ed was a thief, and allowed a Demon to drag Ed to another world.
Sometime later, Ed escaped the demon's grasp, and made it back to the real world. He was captured by the Titans and got imprisoned. Beast Boy, who was trying to make a few extra bucks, became Ed's lawyer. Sadly, Beast Boy didn't know what he was doing and prosecuted Ed, resulting in his arrest.
Ed is a manipulative person.
- Black Friday (cameo)
- "This music is terrible."
- "Meet me for a retake in front of the casino."
- "By the money factory."
- "At the end of the rainbow."
- "Two deductions!"
- "No signal, another deduction."
- "I told you to turn down the cereal aisle!"
Since Ed is just a regular human, he does not possess any powers, but does have a few abilities.
- Degree in DMV: Ed has a degree that allows him to give people a driving test.
- Trickery: Ed is able to trick Robin into helping him rob several banks and stores. (But Robin's superior detective skills prevailed, as he knew he was a stealer the whole time.)
- His name is in fact a pun on the car driving test, driver's ed (ed short for education which Robin points out in the episode "Driver's Ed").
- "Driver's Ed" was produced before "Pie Bros", just not aired before. This means that Ed's history (in production order) was that he did not meet a terrible fate with the Demon, rather he survived, but he was caught for his crimes and needed a lawyer to defend him in court, the lawyer being Beast Boy trying out for jobs. Then in "Caged Tiger", he escape from jail and was seen robbing a diamond store, thus the police trying to catch him again.
- He speaks similarly to Ben Stein.
|The image gallery for Ed may be viewed here.|