When Santa tries to take over Halloween, it's up to the Titans to save the holiday.
On the night of Halloween the Titans plan to scare the trick or treaters but there is no candy or decorations. When all hope is lost it is revealed to the Titans that Santa took all candy and decorations. Santa chases the Titans back to the Titans Tower and tells the Titans he will not leave until the Titans give Santa the last bag of Candy.
Santa plays Christmas carols, and pretends to give them Christmas presents in exchange for the last bag. But the Titans refuse and call in Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman and The Great Halloween Spirit to help fight Santa.
The Titans almost win but Santa pins Halloween Spirit and Titans give Santa the candy in defeat. But, they had really swapped the bag of candy for a bag of TNT who Santa says "Wait, a minute these are not treats" and Titans reply saying "They're TRICKS!" before catapulting Santa into the snow.
Then the Titans recreate Halloween (to the Thriller Song) and Robin shouts "Merry Halloween to all and to all a Scary Night" then the moon laughs evilly.
- Beast Boy
- Santa Claus
- Santa's Elves
- Count Dracula (debut)
- Halloween Spirit
- Jingle and Jangle (cameo)
- Rudolph (cameo)
- George Washington (cameo)
- Cupid Baby (cameo)
- Leprechaun (cameo)
- Jolly Fat Man (briefly)
- This episode was confirmed at San Diego Comic Con by producer, Aaron Horvath, on July 21, 2016.
- This episode aired with a rerun of "Scary Figure Dance".
- Like "Halloween" & "Scary Figure Dance", this is a rarely seen episode, meaning that it only airs around October. This episode also aired around December in the Titans Vs. Santa marathon to celebrate the holidays.
- This is the third Halloween episode of the series. The previous ones were "Halloween" and "Scary Figure Dance".
- This is the third episode where Santa Claus has a major role. The other episodes where Santa has a major role are "The True Meaning of Christmas" and "The Teen Titans Go Easter Holiday Classic".
- This is the second episode where Santa is depicted as a villain and tries to take over another holiday. The first time was in "The Teen Titans Go Easter Holiday Classic"
- Halloween Spirit makes a second appearance in the series. His first appearance was in "Halloween".
- Jingle and Jangle make a second appearance in the series. Their first appearance was in "The True Meaning of Christmas".
- Jolly Fat Man is heard for the third time in the series. The other times it's heard are in "The True Meaning of Christmas" and "The Teen Titans Go Easter Holiday Classic".
- When the Halloween Spirit makes Santa's sleigh into a Halloween sleigh, a song that sounds like Thriller by Michael Jackson plays.
- When the Halloween Spirit summons the other monsters, Night on Bald Mountain plays.
- Santa uses his candy cane as a sword in the same way that he does in the 2012 Robot Chicken Halloween special when fighting the Great Halloween Spirit.
- We can see one of elves doing the Peanuts dance.
- During the chase scene, Santa's elves board the T-Car using candy cane poles. Similar stunts were performed in the 2015 film Mad Max: Fury Road.
- Robin calling Santa Claus "Kringle" is from the classic 1943 movie Miracle on 34th Street.
- The Christmas songs Santa plays to the Titans are:
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- O Christmas Tree
- Deck the Halls
- Jingle Bells
- There is a mask of Stripe from the 1980s movie, Trick or Treat at the Halloween store.
- The plot itself bears resemblance to the 1993 film The Nightmare before Christmas directed by Tim Burton, which is about Jack Skellington the king of Halloween Town taking over Christmas, similar to how the Titans attempt to recreate Halloween.
- Beast Boy keeping stuff in his pants "just in case".
- Santa calling the Titans "garbage children".
- Santa trying to take over Halloween.
The transcript for "Halloween v Christmas" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Halloween v Christmas may be viewed here.|