Robin tries to teach the other Titans valuable history lessons but the others turn his stories into their own twisted yarns.
Beat Box, Birdarang, and four of the Titans are having a dance party when Robin enters the living room, beating him up with his staff and shoving him to the ocean. Birdarang leaves after saying "Oh, dang!" as he left and he greets the others in French, introducing him as Napoleon. They question why he is dressed the way he is, Robin says that he will be teaching them about history dressed like him as his latest plan to teach the Titans. Then Raven asks if this is because they make fun of him for being short and having baby hands to which Robin declines and declares History is important. Then she declares the fact Napoleon was short like Robin too.
He counters by saying Napoleon was tall for his time and tells a story of how three French peasants (the other Titans) were helped by Napoleon and his height and that he was a general or emperor and that he was not short.
However, Cyborg disagrees, saying that his height was now appropriate these days while he took his hat anyway and he yells that History says he is not short. Then he says they will spend the rest of the night learning about History (And Robin not being short) by telling the story of the pyramids but gets interrupted by Raven who already knows it her way (Or at least she claims) and tells it.
A pharaoh (Raven) consults her leise (Beast Boy) and says that she wants to have pyramids built he says he would like that to but they do not have the proper tools only those guys (Cyborg and Robin) then an alien (Starfire) offers to help build them if she can wear Ravens crown and she accepts.
Robin interrupts, saying that aliens did not build the pyramids. Raven says they didn't do it alone. Back in Raven’s Lesson, she explains that Bigfoot and The Loch Ness monster appeared to help finish the pyramid. After it is done, Bigfoot proposes to the pharaoh and the pharaoh accepts.
Robin, now angered, exclaims that's not what happened and says that they should forget Egypt and moves on to the story of Abraham Lincoln but Starfire takes over and tells the story of 'Abraham and turkey sandwich Lincoln.'
She says that he was watching a play and eating popcorn when John Milks Booth (Robin) came up behind him and asked him to take his hat off. Abraham and turkey sandwich Lincoln (Starfire) apologizes and offers to let him sit in the booth with him and Abraham does magic tricks for him. She then concludes by saying that they became best friends and bought a log cabin and that they still lived there to this day.
While Raven, Cyborg and Beast Boy are impressed with the way it was told, Robin tells her that was not at all how it happened. He then tries to tell the story of the first man on the moon but Cyborg and Beast Boy take over.
They say that the first people on the moon (Themselves) put a flag there but then they took off there helmets and were completely fine. They them smelled something good and it was cheese. Robin interjects saying that the moon is not made of cheese. Cyborg says that it is not made of cheese but it has cheese oceans. The two astronauts then eat all the cheese but then begin farting and do to the moons low gravity start to float into space. However they are saved by Sticky Joe and flown to safety they conclude by saying if not for Sticky Joe, the men would have been lost forever.
The other Titans were impressed except for Robin, who says that Sticky Joe is not the man on the moon and they did not knew anything about history. Then he declares it a disaster and asks Cyborg to give him back his hat. The others proceed to tease him for being short and having baby hands and the episode ends with a short of the outside of the tower it is a fully moon and the moon turns reviling Sticky Joe's face.
- Beast Boy
- Beat Box (cameo)
- Sticky Joe
- Bigfoot (debut, cameo)
- Loch Ness Monster (debut, cameo)
- Napoleon (mentioned)
- This is Birdarang's first appearance in Season 3, and Beat Box's second appearance in Season 3. Beat Box's earlier season 3 appearance was in "Obinray".
- Interestingly, this episode has the exact same plot to "Grube's Fairytales". Robin tries to teach the other Titans about a specific topic and the other Titans twist it into their own perspective.
- It's implied that Robin is 5'8", since he says that was tall in Napoleon's time (but Cyborg says it's short for a man these days).
- Music from "Money Grandma" is reused.
- Sticky Joe makes his fifth appearance in season 3 and his seventh appearance overall.
- Raven is unhooded for the thirty-ninth time in the series.
- Beast Boy doesn't use any animal transformation for the nineteenth time in the series.
- Robin again teaches a lesson to the other Titans. The first time was in "Finally a Lesson".
- Robin's "baby hands" are brought up for the third time. The first two times were in "Baby Hands" and "Arms Race with Legs".
- The other Titans make fun about Robin having "baby hands" for the second time. The first time was in "Baby Hands".
- This is the second episode where Robin tries to tell the Titans a story, but they spin their own tales. The first was in "Grube's Fairytales".
- This is the fifth time to feature each Titan having their own individual segment that's unrelated to the others. ("Dreams", "Video Game References", "Campfire Stories", "Grube's Fairytales")
- In Starfire's history story, she is dressed as the sixteenth president of the United States, Abraham Lincoln.
- Robin is seen dressed as Napoleon and John Wilkes Booth.
- Beast Boy and Cyborg's history story is a reference to Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, who were the first humans ever to walk on the moon.
- Beast Boy and Cyborg also believe that the moon is made out of cheese, which was a popular belief that some people have had. Although Cyborg states that they believe the Moon has cheese oceans.
- Beast Boy mistakes Apollo 11 for Apollo Creed, which is the name of a character in the Rocky franchise.
- Raven's story is a reference to ancient Egyptian times.
- On another Cartoon Network show, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters, the introduction feels like it has similar scenes from this episode:
- The aqua teens came from Egypt, the same place in Raven's story.
- The aqua teens then went to Abe Lincoln, which was who Starfire's story was about.
- The aqua teens are then sent to space, like Cyborg and Beast Boy.
- A apocalyptic painting of Robin dressed as Napoleon is shown where he is putting his foot on Lord Humungus (a villain from Mad Max: The Road Warrior) head, the head of The Iron Giant and Brainiac's Skull Ship.
- The cat in Abraham Lincoln's beard could be a reference to the Beard Cat from the Exploding Kittens card game.
- In the scene where Robin kicks Beat Box out the window, a hole in the window can visibly be seen, but a few seconds later, the hole in the window is gone.
- Also, it's very misleading to why Robin kicked and smashed Beat Box in the first place, since Beat Box is one of Robin's little buddies. Though it could be out of Robin's sudden anger and impatience, more then likely disliking him.
- Oddly Beast Boy and Raven make fun of Robin's height, even though they are both shorter then he is.
- However they might have grown a little bit, which definitely explains why they do that.
- In the episode, Robin claims that Napoleon was 5'6". However, he was actually 5'7".
- When Starfire dances while giggling, her mouth is closed when her giggling can be heard.
- Beast Boy is dressed as a mime in the Napoleon skit, and unapologetically talks, even though mimes are known for being silent.
- The other Titans making fun of Robin's height and his "baby hands".
- The Titans, especially Robin, laughing like the French.
- Starfire saying Abraham and Turkey Sandwich Lincoln.
The transcript for "History Lesson" can be found here.
|The image gallery for History Lesson may be viewed here.|