- --We don't need TV to entertain us. That's what scary campfire stories are for.[[Robin.|[src]]]
The Titans are having a terrible time on their camping trip, so Robin suggests that they each tell a scary campfire story.
On a dark night, Robin is excited about the outdoors with the Titans find it not so exciting. Thinking it's fun, the others want to go home, but Robin tells them scary campfire stories to pass the time.
First up was Beast Boy. His story is about a green lumberjack guy holding an axe. Spending the night in a cabin, he was relaxing, until he heard unseen creepy voices. He wasn't scared of it, so he went back relaxing. However, the creepy voice was heard again loudly. Starting to get scared, the lumberjack finds his secret hiding room, which was empty, with the only thing inside being a tiny stage. He removes the curtain and sees a monkey picking his nose, which made the Titans grossed out.
Next up was Starfire. Set in a child's drawing, she and the Titans are playing with their ball, until a ghost shows up, taking their ball. The Titans run into a bush, sad that their ball was taken. The ghost find them there and apologizes to them for taking their ball. The Titans continue playing their ball along with the ghost and two wolves. At the end, Starfire thinks that Robin is scared of it, who was actually getting mauled by a grizzly bear.
Next up was Cyborg. In his T-Car eating peanuts, he was driving back home. When he heard something creepy, he locked the doors, brought some of his peanuts to eat (if hungry), listens to some music, and hears the phone ring. However, no one was on the line. Thinking it was a prank caller, he calls the police for help, arresting the guy who called in the tower, sending him to jail. As his story ends, the others didn't think it was scary at all.
Robin was next. In his story, which he thinks it's "true", he was walking outside on a rainy day without an umbrella. He also found a "real girl" for his date. He lately showed up with a box of chocolates, but there was no sign of her anywhere. Robin felt all alone in his table, eating his meal and also his box of chocolates, and drank his water. Everyone thinks that he uncomfortably pees his own pants, and then checked his bill. He didn't bring his wallet, so the only thing he can do is to run, and run, and run forever.
The last Titans are Ann and Raven. In their story, a dark creature and a fire alicorn with a broken horn emerge from the underworld. With the sun so bright, she has to wear a cloak and the fire alicorn had to tone down her embers. They made some "friends", four who do good deeds. Tired of their laughter and fun, they were furious. When the other four found out that their friends are actually monsters, all of her eyes, claws, and teeth opened. With the help of of the fire alicorn, they ate them all.
The story was so scary, Robin, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Starfire, and the grizzly bear were frightened. Raven turns into the monster from her story while Ann turns into the fire alicorn, sending them back to the tower. As the episode ends, Raven says that she loves campfire stories with Ann agreeing.
Cast and characters
Template:CastTop |- | Greg Cipes | colspan="2" | Beast Boy |- | Michaela Dietz | colspan="2" | Ann |- | Scott Menville | colspan="2" | Robin |- | Khary Payton | colspan="2" | Cyborg |- | Tara Strong | colspan="2" | Raven |- | Hynden Walch | colspan="2" | Starfire |- Template:CastBottom
- This episode was originally reported to air on 1 July 2015 but was rescheduled.
- This episode aired during a week of brand new episodes.
- The episode was confirmed at San Diego Comic-Con 2014 by Scott Menville.
- Two planned campfire stories for this episode parodied "The Viper Is Coming" and "I got you where I want you, now I'm going to eat you". However, some network employees asked the producers not to use the story so they used a slightly different version, regarding a log.
- This episode aired two years after "Super Robin".
- This episode aired with a rerun of "Nean".
- This is the ninth episode to focus on all of the Titans ("Legendary Sandwich", "Artful Dodgers", "Books", "Dreams", "Boys vs. Girls", "Truth, Justice and What?", "Video Game References", "Kicking a Ball and Pretending to Be Hurt").
- Running Gags: Raven asking if she wants to go home.
- Beast Boy is the only Titan not to feature himself in his story.
- Raven does not count, as she turns into the demon in her story at the end.
- Third time a Titan each have their own plot ("Dreams", "Video Game References").
- Second episode where the Titans Tower isn't seen ("Friendship").
- The Titans Tower was seen in Cyborg's story, however.
- The Titans' designs from Raven's story would appear again in "Riding the Dragon".
- Starfire in Raven's story is very similar to Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda series.
- "Relief" is misspelled as "releef" since Starfire's story is set in a child's drawing, like a small child would do if he or she isn't spelling the words correctly (which is not an actual error).
- Robin says that he could run forever at the end of his story, thinking that it's actually true. However, in reality, it was not true, meaning that his story is actually a lie/fake.
|Click here to view more images from Campfire Stories.|
|The image gallery for Campfire Stories may be viewed here.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Allstetter, Rob (2015-05-29). Comics Continuum by Rob Allstetter: Friday May 29, 2015. Comics Continuum. Retrieved on May 30, 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 SDCC 2014 Scott Menville TEEN TITANS GO! Interview. Comic Vine (2014-07-27). Retrieved on July 27, 2014.