- This article is about the episode. For the song, see Waffles (song).
Cyborg and Beast Boy show their love for waffles by making it the only word they say, much to the annoyance of the other Titans. Maybe Brother Blood can make them stop, with the help of his new henchman, Painbot.
Robin is reading a newspaper when he is interrupted by Beast Boy and Cyborg who have taken up to only saying the word, "waffles." Robin and Starfire attempt to figure out why they have suddenly started saying the word and are informed by Raven that they're playing a game to see which one of the two can go the longest with only saying waffles. Starfire attempts to participate but is tsked by Beast Boy who rejects her from playing. Robin informs the two that only saying waffles is annoying and asks for them to stop. However, Cyborg slowly says the word and spits saliva onto his cheek and is backed by Beast Boy. His patience drawing thin, Robin raises his birdarang launcher in anger but is stopped by Starfire. She asks the two to explain the purpose of the game and they do so in a song, but only sing the word waffles.
Raven remarks that their game is annoying and pleads for a subject change. Robin agrees with the demonic Titan and offers to make breakfast, but Beast Boy and Cyborg demand waffles. Annoyed, Robin proceeds to bake waffles and offers them to the duo but Beast Boy shoves the plate in anger as Cyborg holds up a picture of a sandwich. Robin remarks that it will be a long day and threatens to shoot Beast Boy after he says waffles. Later in the day, Beast Boy and Cyborg continue their game as Robin informs Starfire and Raven that a distress signal is emitting from the other side of Jump City. He decides to go investigate but tells Beast Boy and Cyborg to stay behind after they shout waffles to the others agreement. They arrive at a warehouse where Brother Blood reveals that he was the one who sent the distress signal as a way to lure them to the base and imprisons them in a cage.
Robin, Starfire, and Raven attempt to escape, but are informed by the headmaster that he planned for every contingency due to their multiple battles. Robin demands to know what Brother Blood want and he reveals that he wants control of the tower's weapons arsenal until Robin reminds the villain that the program is designed to only activate upon recognition of each of the Titans' voices. Brother Blood lowers mics into the cell and attempts to use his mind control to persuade them into authorizing access, but they snap out of his control. As a result, Brother Blood decides to use his new henchman, Painbot, which quickly frightens the three into handing over their voices. However, Robin reminds Brother Blood that he's still missing Beast Boy and Cyborg's access codes. The villain assures them that the two will give them up but the three express doubt.
Beast Boy and Cyborg are singing karaoke but dub each word with waffles until they are interrupted by Brother Blood. He informs the two to come to his warehouse or their friends will face death. The two speak out against him by shouting waffles confusing Brother Blood until he orders them to infiltrate his hideout. Beast Boy and Cyborg stealthily arrive at the warehouse where Raven compliments their commitment to the game. Cyborg instantly attacks but Brother Blood uses telekinesis to shoot back the laser and swiftly dodges the plasma blasts. He activates Painbot and the henchman surrounds the duo. Strapped to platforms, Brother Blood orders Beast Boy and Cyborg to hand over their access codes but they respond with waffles, irritating him. The duo refuse to comply forcing Brother Blood to command Painbot into torturing them.
Beast Boy and Cyborg continue to respond with waffles and Painbot torture them even further. In the cell, Robin reveals to the others that he has a plan involving waffles as Brother Blood couldn't have planned for Beast Boy and Cyborg's game. Annoyed, Brother Blood asks the three imprisoned Titans into ordering the rebellious duo into giving up their codes but they respond with waffles and irritate him further. Robin, Starfire, and Raven begin singing a reprise of the waffles song and annoy Brother Blood enough for him to jump on Painbot and flee the warehouse. The three celebrate their victory by singing waffles until Beast Boy tells them that it isn't funny anymore. Raven and Starfire respond confusedly but a skeletal Beast Boy and disassembled Cyborg reveal that the three ruined their game as Cyborg's head falls off. Raven asks Robin how they'll escape their imprisonment, but Robin responds with waffles.
Cast and characters
Template:CastTop |- | Greg Cipes | colspan="2" | Beast Boy |- | rowspan="2" | Scott Menville | colspan="2" | Robin |- | Painbot | Template:1st |- | Khary Payton | colspan="2" | Cyborg |- | Tara Strong | colspan="2" | Raven |- | Hynden Walch | colspan="2" | Starfire |- | John DiMaggio | Brother Blood | Template:Speaking |- Template:CastBottom
- Most of the "waffles" speak could possibly have meanings. For instance, when Cyborg whispered "Waffles..." to Robin, it sounded like "Never...".
- Tenth episode with a one word title ("Ghostboy", "Gorilla", "Parasite", "Starliar", "Terra-ized", "Matched", "Books", "Sidekick", "Legs").
- Second episode where Beast Boy doesn't change into any animal ("The Left Leg").
- Running Gags: Beast Boy and Cyborg saying waffles.
- Food Jokes: Beast Boy and Cyborg annoy the Titans and Brother Blood with consistent use of the word, "waffles". The other Titans later use this against Brother Blood to defeat him. Robin makes Beast Boy and Cyborg waffles, but Cyborg reveals they wanted a sandwich.
- This episode aired with a rerun of "Staring at the Future".
- The following appear on Jump Times, the newspaper Robin was reading:
- The classic lines, "Batmobile lost a wheel" and "Joker got away" from "Jingle Bells, Batman Smells" are used as headlines.
- A picture of Batman and The Joker.
- Aquaman appears on an Visit Atlantis Today classified newspaper advertisement.
- Alfred Pennyworth is featured on a Butler for Hire classified newspaper advertisement.
- Mercenary Bane is featured on a We'll break you - Join The Gym classified newspaper ad.
- Pac-Man is parodied during the Waffles song when the Titans are eating waffles while shaped like the character.
|Click here to view more images from Waffles.|
|The image gallery for Waffles may be viewed here.|
- DC Nation - Teen Titans Go! - "Waffles" (clip). DC Entertainment (2014-01-30). Retrieved on January 30, 2013.