- Yeah…if I’m a one-trick pony then that makes you a no-trick pony.
- --Kid Flash to Robin in Multiple Trick Pony.
Kid Flash (Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West) is a teenage speedster superhero of the Teen Titans, and is the former sidekick of The Flash. First debuted in the episode "Multiple Trick Pony", he is voiced by Will Friedle.
- 1 Bio
- 2 Physical Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Powers and Abilities
- 6 Episode Appearances
- 7 Appearances in other Media
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Voice in other languages
- 10 Gallery
Kid Flash makes his appearance in the episode "Multiple Trick Pony" outside a Jump City Bank, where the Teen Titans were currently in the middle of stopping the H.I.V.E Five from robbing. With great speed and agility, Kid Flash was able to defeat the H.I.V.E effortlessly while Starfire, Cyborg, Raven, and Beast Boy were admiring in awe, with a disinterested and jealous Robin in tow. After the battle, Kid Flash approaches the Titans and says that he wanted to lend a hand to the team and help defeat the villains. Kid Flash impresses them further by using his speed and obtaining ridiculous things for them that they would not be able to do in a timely manner, such as a burrito from Mexico, or a penguin from the North Pole. A hesitant Robin finally greets Kid Flash and sarcastically says to him "Just passing through huh? Righhhtttt", where Kid Flash humors Robin and reveals that his real intention was to try out for the Teen Titans.
Everyone besides Robin is quick to accept and agree to Kid Flash joining the team, only for Robin to be the odd man out, and crash the celebration saying no to Kid Flash, due to the fact he's a "one-trick pony", meaning he only has one ability (which is his speed), and how there is no room for members with only one specialty. Kid Flash does not argue that his speed is his only skill, and utilizes his speed once more to get a hat from Russia and place it on Robin's head. Robin knocks the hat down rudely, and says anyone can run as fast as him. Beast Boy comments how Robin could not run as fast as him, for Kid Flash to challenge Robin at his game and say if he is a "one-trick pony", that would make Robin a no trick pony, which angers Robin greatly, to which he remarks he is a "multiple trick pony", explaining all the abilities Robin is capable of. Kid Flash remarks that he may be able to do all those things he listed, but he would not be able to beat him in a race.
Robin believes he could win, and makes a deal with Kid Flash, stating that if Robin wins, Kid Flash has to stop running forever. On the flip side, if Kid Flash were to win the race, Robin says he will be able to lead the Titans. Kid Flash smoothly agrees to the deal, and Robin states that he needs a week of training until the day will come for the race.
Next week is here, and Kid Flash and Robin prepares themselves for the race on a running track, with the attitude of the Teen Titans towards Kid Flash changing dramatically since the last encounter. They all have faith in Robin winning the race, due to Robin warping their minds that if he "believes hard enough", he'll be able to overcome Kid Flash. Kid Flash, trying to ignore them and focus on the race, says to Robin before they start racing, "May the fastest man win", with Robin arrogantly replying that "he plans to". The race finally begins, and it ends as fast as it starts, with Kid Flash taking a millisecond to win. Robin baffled, makes an excuse of his cape slowing him down, and declares a rematch with Flash happily accepting.
Just like before, Kid Flash wins again, with Robin wanting a "best of three out of five". Over several more attempts of racing, Kid Flash receives the same result every time, winning all of the races. Robin even goes as far to hop on Kid Flash's back during a race, and make it to the finish line with him trying to do a tie between them, only for Cyborg to come in and say its a photo-finish, and that Kid Flash reached the finish line first. The Titans, after losing faith in Robin, happily switch allegiances to Kid Flash and congratulate him on becoming the new leader. All besides Robin, head back to the Titans Tower to start a party welcoming Kid Flash. As a new team, they fight villains together like Cinderblock, and go to a restaurant where they all share laughs and a good time being together, with a depressed Robin in the background observing it all.
The next day, after a revitalizing talk with himself, Robin returns to Titans Tower, and enters in the living room, where his former team and Kid Flash were in the middle of playing a board game. They all take notice of Robin, and Cyborg asks him what he is doing here, for Robin to dramatically state he is here to take back his Titans. Cyborg calmly says that they actually enjoy Kid Flash better, for Robin to defend that Flash is only a "one trick pony", and cannot do half the things Robin can. Almost on cue, Kid Flash gets a beep on his watch for emergencies around the world, where he ends up saving a Norwegian family from drowning, and disabling a doomsday device in less than a matter of seconds, which visibly frustrates Robin with the point he was trying to make. Robin, having enough of Kid Flash being amazing and cooler, jumps on the Titans computer to where he's now facing everyone on the couch, and challenges Kid Flash if he can beat-box like Robin. Robin goes on to beat-box and prove his case, only to be surprised Kid Flash joined his beat-boxing and ends up outdoing him.
Robin remarks its impossible for him to be able to be that good, as it takes years of training, for Kid Flash to respond that by believing in himself, and super speed, it only took him three minutes to accomplish. To add more salt to Robin's wounds, Kid Flash displays his talent in karate (another skill of Robin's), and shows off his tight butt (with a giggling Starfire). Robin outclassed, sadly says that he is right, makes way to leave, and says he can have the Titans, only to perk up instantly and say he can have them on one condition. Kid Flash points out that he is already better at everything Robin is, with Robin smugly saying "not everything". Robin says he can lead the Titans if he can beat him in another foot face. Everyone confused by this choice of challenge, make no argument, and go out to the running track once again.
Cyborg asks Robin, "Isn’t losing a race to this guy how all this started?”, with Robin reassuring him that this time is different because he believes in himself more than he ever has before. Raven sarcastically says that "we already established that has not worked", with Cyborg confused just as she is, shrugs his shoulders and gets in position to start the race for Robin and Flash. Cyborg fires off the starting pistol signaling the race has started, with Robin immediately taking out his staff and crippling Kid Flash right in the shin, leaving him on the floor in pain, all the while Robin runs towards the finish line. Robin dramatically runs towards the finish line in slow motion and succeeds and wins the race with his former Titans now seeing how believing was able to work for Robin, with them all becoming excited and happy over his victory. They carry off Robin in a victory stance over their shoulders, and leave a Kid Flash in pain on the ground, who is complaining about the pain in his leg, requesting for ice.
Later, in "Beast Man" he appears with Jinx and Batgirl on a comic book.
He appears in the premiere episode, "Shrimps and Prime Rib", and easily defeats Mallah in seconds.
In the two-part episode "The Streak," He takes Robin by surprise and boasts that can stop fifty-two crimes all at once as he has godly speed. Robin accuses him of cheating since he needs a team to win Crime Season. Taking it all in stride, Flash just says that he recruit heroes that are already on teams. However, in the end he ends up having one of his knee being cracked by Robin, and gets humiliated by the former for his Crime Season loss.
In "Flashback", it reveals that Kid Flash was initially one of the Teen Titans candidates until he monopolized Robin's Tower before being forced to be expelled from Jump City by Robin and the other Titans.
He appears in "Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star: Justice League Edition", as a part of Titans East.
Kid Flash has spiky orange hair and black eyes, although in the original series, he has blue eyes. He wears a skin-tight suit with the top and bottom being two different colors: top is yellow and bottom is red. His mask is also yellow and his boots are bright yellow.
Kid Flash is depicted to be extremely eccentric and boastful, always proud of his identity as a superhero and his super speed. With his charisma, he is also a manipulative jerk who knows exactly how to sway people to his side by providing them benefits or showing himself off. However, his arrogance often lets his guard down and is a hubris that leads to his humiliating defeats.
- Main article: Kid Flash/Relationships
Powers and Abilities
- Transcendent Metahuman Physiology: Kid Flash, thanks to having transcended beyond his speed limitations, can be classified as a Metahuman of godly power.
- Speed Infinitum: Kid Flash's most remarkable ability is that he is able to reach impossibly high speeds, which are well beyond normal human limits. He's so fast that he was able to defeat the H.I.V.E Five in a few seconds. In further context, despite having transcended the limitations of how fast he can go, his speed is infinite, at least in terms of what other Metahumans are capable of. As long as he absorbs more power from the Speed Force, there's no limit to how fast he can get.
- Resilience: With all his speed, he is able to maintain velocity for long periods of times without tiring very easily.
- Superhuman Strength: Above average in strength in terms of normal humans, he is able to bust through walls and hold his own in hand to hand combat.
- Ninjutsu: In "Multiple Trick Pony" was shown that Kid Flash has ninja moves. He used them to in "The Streak" to defeat Dr Light.
- Black Friday (cameo)
- Shrimps and Prime Rib (cameo)
- The Streak
- Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star (cameo)
- BBCYFSHIPBDAY (magazine cover only)
- Real Orangins (cameo)
- Forest Pirates
- Snot and Tears
- What We Learned at Camp
- The Viewers Decide
Appearances in other Media
- As of "The Viewers Decide", Kid Flash is an official member of the Titans East.
- In the comics, Kid Flash was a founding member of the Teen Titans along with Robin and Aqualad, with Wonder Girl and Speedy joining the original lineup later on.
- While this series depicts Robin and Kid Flash as rivals, in the comics and various other media they are best friends, even as close as brothers.
- In some other media, namely Young Justice, Kid Flash wears red goggles.
- A Kid Flash doll is briefly seen in a scene in "Second Christmas".
- He is the first and currently only Honorary Titan from the original series (aside from the Titans East) to physically appear in Teen Titans Go!
- Kid Flash appears in Young Justice, however the Teen Titans Go! version is based off the version from the original Teen Titans cartoon.
- Despite being based off the original Teen Titans cartoon, he has been seen on Young Justice items in the series, such as magazines and posters.
- Kid Flash was voiced by Michael Rosenbaum in the original series and Jason Spisak in Young Justice.
- Kid Flash is one of two members of the original team in the New Teen Titans comics from the 1980s to not to be a member of the animated Titans.
- Kid Flash is the sixth character to not have their original voice actor reprise his role. The others being Speedy, Silkie, Dr. Light (In "Colors of Raven" only), Killer Moth, and The Brain. However, he is the fifth if Dr. Light is not counted.
- He is the second one to not be voiced by Scott Menville, after Silkie.
- He is also the first one to not be voiced by a main cast member.
- Kid Flash is the fifth male character (not counting Robin) that Starfire became attracted to. The others are Speedy, Aquaman, Nibor and Superboy.
- Although not identified, based on personality and costume, this version is Wally West.
- Kid Flash is a master manipulator.
- In the original series, he had a romantic interest in Jinx. There is no sign of an attraction to her in Teen Titans Go!, however.
- In the Young Justice TV series, he was in a relationship with Artemis.
Voice in other languages
- Bálint Magyar (Hungarian)
- ? (Italian)
- Vlad Constantinescu (Romanian)
- Sebastian Machalski (Polish)
- Marcelo Garcia / Matheus Perissé (Brazil)
- Hervé Rey (French)
|The image gallery for Kid Flash may be viewed here.|