After being defeated due to poor leg strength, Raven and the Titans work out their lower bodies and become the League of Legs.
At the Titans Tower, where outside a pelican is swallowing a crab, the Titans are in the middle of an intense workout. Robin is lifting dumbells, Cyborg is at the bench, Starfire is working her pecks, and Beast Boy is using the shoulder press. Their workout is so intense that they actually destroy the machines. Raven, however, worked out her upper-body yesterday; today is leg day. Beast Boy says they never even see her legs under her spider-infested cloak, but Raven mocks them for having chicken legs (with an exception for Beast Boy, who has literal chicken legs). The four Titans only care about their juicy biceps and triceps' and begin a kissing session. Raven's severely creeped out when, all of a sudden, the alarm rings. Robin, still making out with himself, orders the Titans to battle...
Jump City is in a state of havoc, being destroyed by gigantic Crystal Robots. The Titans arrive, still kissing their muscles, but eventually, they get to work- only to be stepped on by a gigantic robot foot. Cyborg, kissing his muscles, hopes they will pay off, but Raven urges them to use their legs. Unfortunately, the robot seems to take her advice, and all five are smashed. The screen fades black...
The Titans lay in the rubble of the city, sad and hopeless. But Raven hasn't given up; she emerges from the rubble, giving an inspirational speech, saying they will squat over their enemies in triumph... for today is Leg Day! Raven once again becomes the golden Lady Legasus (to Beast Boy's liking). Starfire's happy to see the hero's return, and to the Titans' surprise, they are asked to join her. The Titans' legs are brittle, however, but Lady Legasus assures them success if they enroll in a difficult training regiment.
Leg Day begins, starting with squats, leg lifts, playing drums with feet, dancing, cracking-nuts with toes, swinging cannonballs with the leg, and other activities. At first, the progress is slow, but it's not long before they all have meaty, yummy-looking legs. With a bulge of the thighs, lady Legasus declares them "The League of Legs", renaming them (with sparkly intros and leotards) as Thunder Thighs (Cyborg), Incredible Quad (Starfire), The Calf (Beast Boy), and Captain Cankle (Robin).
LEGASUS HEADQUARTERS...☐ The League of Legs is gathered at the meeting table, where Lady Legasus is devising a strategy to take down the Crystal Robots. The Incredible Quad wonders about reinforcements, and Captain Cankle angrily stomps his foot on the ground in frustration. Lady Legasus then proposes attacking the main line. The Calf is afraid of a frontal assault, but Captain Cankle is all for it. After a leg huddle-and-break, they blast off in their boot-shaped tower...
Landing in Jump City, the League is faced with even more destruction now. They do a pre-battle squat, hold it, and then GO! Lady Legasus breaks a bot with the Leg Lock, Thunder Thighs destroys a robot with his Quad Crusher move, The Calf smashes through 4 robots with his Calf Cram, The Incredible Quad flings a machine away with her Thigh Throw, and Captain Cankle creates a hellish chasm for robots to fall in with his Cankle Crack. The Calf and Thunder Thighs compliment Captain Cankle, but The Calf then notices a foot moving in on him. Lady Legasus saves him from being squashed but has just gotten herself in a dangerous situation. However, the team helps her out, and, using their legs, push away the robot in a fiery explosion...
Captain Cankle praises his maxed out legs by smooching them, and the others all joyously follow suit (although Beast Boy takes it further by chewing...) Amidst the celebration, Lady Legasus announces the League of Legs has grown too powerful, and that they must now regress back to the Teen Titans. Leg Day is over, and Lady Legasus, now back to Raven, puts on her drab cloak. Beast Boy begs for one more leg moment, and Raven can't resist. All 5 strut down the street, with passers-by admiring their legs and taking photos. Great background music plays as the lunge, showing off their glistening, juicy thighs...
- Raven/Lady Legasus
- Robin/Captain Cankle
- Starfire/Incredible Quad
- Cyborg/Thunder Thighs
- Beast Boy/The Calf
- Crystal Robots (debut)
- Generic Jump City Citizens
- Crab (cameo)
- Pelican (cameo)
- The Titans's League Of Legs' transformations are a reference to the popular Japanese anime, Sailor Moon, as most of the movement animation, backgrounds and poses are similar to or the same as the Sailor Scouts'. Interesting enough, Sailor Moon's English dub aired on Cartoon Network in the late 1990s and early 2000s, which is the same network that Teen Titans and Teen Titans GO! air on TV.
- This episode was teased by a blogger on July 9. The episode was shown at a preview night at San Diego Comic Con.
- Music from "Driver's Ed" and "Yearbook Madness" is reused.
- At the beginning of the episode, there is a pelican on the rock outside of the Tower eating the Crab from Season 2, meaning that it will replace the crab's role for Season 3.
- The Pelican makes its first debut since the Season 1 episode "Books".
- This is the third episode to ends with the word "Day" in the title. The first episodes were "Laundry Day", and "Crazy Day".
- This is the first episode of Season 3 to have the title mentioned.
- This is the third episode to focus on a character's legs. The previous ones were "The Left Leg" and "Legs".
- This episode is somewhat a continuation of "Legs" and contains several references to the episode.
- Lady Legasus reappears, making it her first appearance in Season 3 and her second appearance overall.
- Beast Boy admires Raven/Lady Legasus' legs again.
- Beast Boy later mourns when Raven covers her legs again.
- This is the twenty-second time that Raven is seen unhooded.
- The track where the Titans train is the same one where Robin and Kid Flash raced in "Multiple Trick Pony".
- Music from "Yearbook Madness" plays when the Titans train their legs.
- The transformation scene is a reference to the manga and anime Sailor Moon when the Sailor Guardians/Soldiers/Scouts are introduced.
- Starfire's transformation and pose resemble Sailor Jupiter's.
- Cyborg's transformation and pose resemble Sailor Moon's transformation, "Moon Prism Power, Make Up".
- Robin's transformation resembles Sailor Moon's transformations, "Moon Crystal Power, Make Up" and "Moon Cosmic Power, Make Up!" but his pose resembles Sailor Mercury's.
- Some other Cartoon Network shows have used the same Sailor Moon reference:
- The Amazing World of Gumball episode "The Lie", when Richard creates the "Sluzzlewurst" by combining all kinds of foods.
- Steven Universe episode "Garnet's Universe", when Ringo becomes stronger.
- Some other Cartoon Network shows have used the same Sailor Moon reference:
- Look at them Legs is a reference to the 90's hit song, "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot.
- The song also has similar lyrics to the hit song Anaconda by Nicki Minaj.
- Interestingly, Raven said that she would never take on Lady Legasus again at the end of "Legs". This could be excused because she and her friends were in need.
- Beast Boy says that no one ever sees Raven's legs, but they're shown in almost every episode
- Cyborg is known as "Thunder Thighs" and Starfire is known as "Incredible Quad". However, Cyborg uses the move "Quad Crusher" and Starfire uses the move "Thigh Throw" when battling.
- When Beast Boy plays the drums with his legs, his right leg has his left leg's toes and his left leg has his right leg's toes.
- When Beast Boy jumps up onto one of Lady Legasus' legs, there is another Beast Boy still standing with Starfire and Cyborg for a second.
- The Titans constantly kissing their arm and leg muscles.
- Beast Boy saying "them Legs" when he sees Raven's legs, which is continued from "Legs".
- The Titans using their legs like hands when they switch teams.
The transcript for "Leg Day" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Leg Day may be viewed here.|