When trying to entice Raven into joining a meatball party, Cyborg gives her in and eats the half-meat, half-robot mystery meatball, cracking her tooth and releasing the demon octopus that lives in her mouth.
The Titans are sitting down and relaxing until Cyborg interrupts and shouts it's one of his Meatball Parties and shoots meatballs at them from his arm-cannon. Starfire, Robin, Beast Boy, and Silkie are all pumped
and enjoying it while leaving an annoyed Raven covered in meat. Next, Cyborg announces that the Mystery Meatball is going to be eaten by Raven. The other Titans cheer her on to eat it, but Raven just ignores them leaves. After some prodding from the Titans, Raven gives into peer
pressure and eats the meatball. Being a cyborg, Cyborg made the meatball half metal as well, and it cracked Raven's tooth.
The next day, the Titans are hanging out again and Raven comes in, not saying anything. Beast Boy loves this, and he takes Raven's cape and turns the couch into a burrito because she can't object. Raven is only able to hold it back for so long and snaps, yelling at Beast Boy. Once she does this though, a bunch of tentacles come out of her mouth and attack the Titans until Raven can close her mouth again. They now all realize that she can't open her mouth because of the Demon Octopus and they say that she must see a dentist, but Raven refuses because
she hates the dentist. Throughout the next few days or so, Raven has to open her mouth at times and the Demon Octopus keeps attacking the Titans, specifically Beast Boy. Eventually, the Demon Octopus actually devours Beast Boy and since that's the final straw for the Titans, Raven WILL have to go to the dentist now.
The Titans wait outside patiently, but Robin realizes that once the dentists seal the crack in her tooth, Beast Boy will be stuck in her tooth forever. Then while they know that there’s nothing that they could do, they instead pass the time with Robin humming a catchy song, Cyborg reading an "important periodical," which is a children’s puzzle magazine, and Starfire knitting. The dentists attempt to get Raven to open her mouth. Once she does though, the Demon Octopus brutally attacks the dentists. The Titans have not heard them screaming as Cyborg tells them about the character who looks like Beast Boy, who they will never see again. When
Raven goes outside to tell the Titans that it didn't work, the Demon Octopus quickly devours Robin. With that plan having failed, the Titans return to the Tower. While Starfire tries to come up with a plan, Cyborg inappropriately has another meatball party. This annoys Raven and she starts to yell at Cyborg and the Demon Octopus devours Starfire. Drawing pictures to communicate now, Raven tells Cyborg that's his fault because he forces her to do things she doesn't want to.
Having learned this, Cyborg tries to make it right by having Raven devour him willingly. Inside Raven's mouth, the Titans are fighting the Demon Octopus in the crack of Raven's tooth. It's not going well as the Titans are losing. Cyborg knows the only way to stop it is to seal the crack in Raven's tooth, which he does with a bunch of meatballs. Sealing the crack causes Raven to throw up the Titans. Cyborg now apologizes to Raven and says he won't force her to do anything again. However, the other Titans want another meatball party and the episode ends with Cyborg singing Its Meat and its a Ball and shooting an enormous meatball at Raven, much to her dismay.
- This episode is featured in the game Drive-By Meatball Party on the Teen Titans Go! Arcade app.
- Beast Boy turns Robin into a unicorn, while Starfire looks at him in awe, suggesting that she likes unicorns.
- This lampshades the fact he doesn't transform into mythical creatures.
- Although Beast Boy openly states in the episode that he is a vegetarian, he eats hot dogs in "Laundry Day" and there is meat in the legendary sandwich in the episode "Legendary Sandwich".
- It could be fake meat or tofu, though.
- This episode reveals that Raven floats in her sleep.
- It also reveals that Raven hates going to the dentist.
- This episode reveals that Robin's staff can be used to shock opponents.
- The order that Raven "eats" every Titan is the same order from the original series episode "Fear Itself": Beast Boy, Robin, Starfire, and Cyborg.
- Raven breaks the fourth wall by talking while on the mystery meatball screen.
- This is the second time that Raven is seen unhooded or without her cloak. This time, she was seen without her cloak. The first was "Laundry Day."
- When Robin runs towards the black demon in Raven's cracked tooth to fight him, the animation of Robin running is the same as in "The Date", when Speedy, disguised as Robin, runs to Robin, disguised as Speedy, to fight him.
- Two Pretty Pretty Pegasus dolls make cameos in this episode. The series was previously referenced in "Legendary Sandwich", "Dog Hand", and "Super Robin".
- The music that plays before Raven gives Cyborg the silent treatment is the same that plays in "Ghostboy".
- The frog that Beast Boy accidentally turns Cyborg into when he says Raven's spell incorrectly is the same one from "Laundry Day", when Robin gets trapped outside the Tower naked.
- Music from "Driver's Ed" is heard when Beast Boy asks Raven to use her magic book.
- Music from some levels of Housebroken Hero is heard when the Titans fight the demon octopus in Raven's mouth.
- Music from "Girl's Night Out" is heard when Cyborg apologizes to Raven.
- One of Raven's drawings, when she tries to "talk" to Cyborg with her mouth shut, is Darth Vader from Star Wars. When she drew it, it translated into "force", referencing "the Force" from Star Wars.
- Raven putting her Pretty Pretty Pegasus dolls together to kiss is a reference to fandom shipping, in which the fandom ships two of its characters as a couple.
- The scene where Beast Boy wears Raven's cloak is a reference to the original series episode "Episode 257-494" where, while on a space ship, he borrowed Raven's cloak and tried to use the force to fool the robot troopers.
- Cyborg references Goofus and Gallant while reading the activity book in the dentist's office, meaning that the activity book might be an issue of Highlights Kids (labeled in the show as Hidey-Town). The "What's Wrong? / Hidden Pictures" section of the magazine is also lightly referenced.
- Trying to avoid her fellow Titans, Raven chooses to meditate in the Wayne Family Cemetery. This can be proven, as one of the gravestones has a Batman symbol on it.
- A poster of Zatanna can be seen beside Raven's bed.
- At the beginning of the episode, Beast Boy is seen playing with a console similar to a Nintendo DS, DSi, 3DS, or 2DS.
- The sounds heard when the meatballs hit someone sounds like the Noods era of Cartoon Network.
- During the song She's Gonna Eat It, Starfire uses a contraction and shortens a word while singing. This was likely intentional to flow with the song. (Normally she would say, "She is going to eat it.")
- In the "Meatball Party" scene, Raven has a book that she's reading. But in the next shot, after the "Eat! Eat! Eat the Meatball!" part, the book is gone.
- Silkie wasn't shown at the dentist with the other Titans, but magically appears with them in the following scene with Raven and the Dentist.
- When Raven is drawing pictures for Cyborg a second time, the pencil she's drawing with disappears from her hand when she shows him. However, when she draws the third one, she holds the pencil, but it disappears again after Cyborg translates the drawing.
- Cyborg firing meatballs as his answer to everything.
- Cyborg screaming out "Its Meatball Party Time!!!"
- Titans chanting at Raven to eat the meatball.
- Beast Boy getting beaten up by Raven's demon octopus from her mouth.
The transcript for "Meatball Party" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Meatball Party may be viewed here.|