The Titans have a hard time deciding who gets to choose which movie they watch on movie night. But things get different when their competitiveness breaks their plasma TV.
The episode starts off with Beast Boy walking and dancing into the living room feeling excited, singing a little tune to himself and getting ready to watch his movie of choice. His happiness was short lived as the other Titans walked in, singing the same tune Beast Boy was singing, getting ready for their movie night as well. As soon as Beast Boy and the rest of the Titans heard each other singing happily about their movie night, they all pause.
Cyborg says it was his turn to pick the movie but Robin says he was wrong and that it was his turn. Raven cuts in and tells Robin it was her turn to choose but Beast Boy says it was not and Starfire says they are all misguided and tells them it was indeed her turn since she says it has been 3 weeks since she chose last.
She then says they will be watching her movie of choice titled Frightmare Circus 3, which is about a hungry clown having a hard time catching his meals because they are always running away. Cyborg cuts in and says they will be watching his which is something with action, lasers, and explosions! A movie titled Bomb Hackers. Raven is not impressed by this and tells them they should watch a mystery movie called Knock Knock, You're Guilty! which is mystery film about a detective. Robin cuts in after and said they should watch something western, Saddle Dance. About cowboys, justice, guns and romance. Beast Boy gets annoyed and says they will be watching his movie which is a movie case that simply says "B.B's Movie" in red large printed letters.
As soon as Beast Boy was about to out his movie in, Raven, Robin, Starfire tackles him to the floor while Cyborg gets a grip on the TV. Beast Boy transforms into a gorilla and joins in on Cyborg by grabbing hold of the TV as well. Robin interrupts and tells them to stop and says movie night should be about togetherness and Beast Boy agrees and puts the TV back onto the wall and says they should all talk it through.
The TV then falls off the wall, getting damaged. Raven asks Beast Boy what he has done and Beast Boy tells them not to panic. Robin cries movie night is ruined! Starfire then confirms movie night is not ruined if they obtain the second TV. Cyborg questions about having another TV and Starfire says it's in the basement and clears up it was the one they received after beating Control Freak. Then it shows a flashback of Control Freak, minding his own business, carrying a brand new TV he actually bought and not stole. Robin, who thinks Control Freak was up to no good, hits him repeatedly with his staff and then takes off with his newly bought television that he thought was "stolen". Foiling his "evil plan", leaving him laying on the ground in pain.
The next scene it shows the Titans in the basement, looking for the other TV. Cyborg comments he hates being in the basement. Starfire agrees and says it's abandoned. The Titans all jump in fear once something startled them but it turned out to be a black cat. Moving on, they walk down the long hallway that leads to several doors. Robin says the TV must be in one of them and he opens one door that led to a room with a ton of sharp meat hooks.
They gasp in fear but Cyborg says it was just his meat locker and that he was going to barbecue later and he turns on the light to reveal the several hotdogs he has in the room. Starfire opens another door and it looked like it had several red glowing eyes staring back. Beast Boy becomes frightened and begged her to turn on the light. The light is turned on and revealed a ton of dolls. Beast Boy is still frightened and begs them to turn off the lights. Starfire asks who they belonged to and Robin says it was his creepy doll collection. Cyborg says the TV has to be in the last door and it turned out it was but it was guarded by the demon Raven trapped down there years ago. Raven gives the demon chin rubs while Beast Boy obtains the TV and runs quickly out the door.
But in the end, The Titans' movie night is ruined when Beast Boy puts on his movie, which isn't in fact a movie at all, but a music video of himself singing the Movie Night Song instead. Everybody groans and Raven says that they were going to play board games next week.
- Control Freak makes his first non-speaking cameo appearance in the fourth season.
- This is the only episode where Ed Skudder, Lynn Wang, Chad Quandt and Aaron Waltke worked on. They later produced a new Cartoon Network series named Unikitty!.
- It is revealed that the Titans have a second television that Robin has robbed from Control Freak.
- Robin appears to have a creepy doll collection in the basement as stated in this episode.
- Cyborg has stored hotdogs in his basement room.
- Raven has revealed to have tamed a demon named Ted which she has trapped in the TV basement room a few years ago.
- This episode is a parody of multiple movie genres:
- Kung-Fu (martial arts)
- The cut the wire bomb gag is used during the sequence when Cyborg orders Beast Boy to fix the TV.
- This is the second time a television has been used as a topic for an episode. The first time is in "Oil Drums".
- Beast Boy transforming into a praying mantis to kung-fu-kick Robin in the face may be a reference to Master Mantis from the Kung Fu Panda franchise.
- "Frightmare Circus 3", the movie Starfire wanted to watch, might be a parody for the Funcom-produced platform video game Nightmare Circus.
- "Bomb Hackerz", the movie Cyborg mentioned, is likely a parody of the game Death Shooter.
- When Beast Boy mentioned "don't panic", it is a reference to the horror thriller with the same name produced in 1988.
- Beast Boy brought up 23 Skidoo, a British electric music band.
- Starfire wants to watch a movie about a clown, but she seemed to have a strong fear and dislike for them in "The Return of Slade".
- When the microwave starts malfunctioning, Beast Boy's mouth switches between frames.
- The Titans fighting over the TV remote.
- The Titans arguing with each other on which movie to watch.
- The Titans trying to figure out how to use the TV.
- The Titans reenacting scenes from popular movie genres.
The transcript for "Movie Night" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Movie Night may be viewed here.|