The Titans have Raven give them new super powers but have a hard time adjusting.
Robin, Starfire, Cyborg and Beast Boy are having fun playing Superman, pretending to fly over "buildings" (actually a pile of boxed pizzas) and shooting laser beams like Superman does. Soon, Raven comes into the room and begins to realize, despite what the other Titans just said, that the other Titans want to be like the A-List hero Superman which they claim that his superpowers are the best, but she is annoyed by their dissatisfaction. She clarifies that they already are heroes and have cool powers and starts telling the others their good super qualities in order to convince them to accept themselves: Cyborg is a half robot guy who can detach himself, Starfire can shoot laser beams with her eyes, Beast Boy can transform into any animal in the world and Robin has the most fantastic hair (he doesn't have any superpowers...but he is a super friend). The Titans, however, quickly complains about their powers being "lame" and asks Raven for some new powers. By saying her signature mantra, "Azarath Metrion Zinthos", she casts a spell that gives the Titans new superpowers. Robin begins to state that nothing has change and that they look exactly the same. Raven says that they didn't change their costumes...she has bestowed them new powers.
Wanting to try out his new powers of being Aqualad, Cyborg detaches his head and throws it into the water. After being bored by a random fish who greets him with " My name is Jose", Cyborg beefs that he needs to get into a bath tub. Robin then asks if he can fly but realizes himself inadvertently break dancing the night away and ends up falling outside the tower. As Beast Boy questions why he is thinking hard thoughts and begins wailing because he can only "think" about eating a burrito, Starfire is puzzled on why she is making the stretches; she then starts stretch her arm all the way across town, but since she hasn't fully mastered her newfound ability, it suddenly slingshots back, causing her, along with Beast Boy and Robin, to tangle up in a heap. When her friends once again grumbles about how their new powers are lame, Raven, who has now gained Superman's powers, replies that they need more "advanced" skills to realize that their original powers are really better and brags her new abilities, which makes Starfire and Beast Boy enviously cry. Nevertheless, after Robin encourages his remaining friends to practice and find out their power's values, the three follow his inspiring suggestion. Scenes begin switching between the progress of Robin break dancing in an alley way, Beast Boy avoiding the dangers in the streets of Jump City, Starfire transforming into objects with her stretches and Cyborg having fun with the fish, Jose.
After a long day of the four other Titans testing out their new powers, Raven (now having the ability to be Superman) returns to the living room and asks the Titans how their new powers are turning out, confidently believing her friends will hate them and plead her to revert everything back to normal. Instead, her friends appreciate and have embraced their capabilities, even using them as their actual powers, much to her astonishment. When the Crime Alert rings, the Titans realize that Gizmo and his robot army are attacking from a floating fortress, and they immediately sails to the rescue. Gizmo seems to have perceived how the Titans have changed their powers and mocks them for it, and Raven decides to show off being Superman. Unfortunately, before she can do so, she overlooks Beast Boy's advice and her new weakness to Kryptonite, which leads to herself getting blasted with Gizmo's Kryptonite ray. Weakened, Raven tells her four friends that she is unable to give them their powers back and faints soon after.
Despite being stuck in the dire situation, Robin makes an encouraging speech for the rest of the team that they may have dumb powers, but with optimism they can still use them to defeat Gizmo. Starfire offers to slingshot Robin and sends the latter flying, his silhouette rising before his own eyes. After landing in the fortress, he busts out some awesome dance moves with great heroism, describing that such moves wouldn't be called as break dancing for nothing, which stuns Gizmo. With his robots now defeated and the fortress being blown up, Gizmo then tries to row back to safety via his lifeboat, but is taken down by Jose and a school of fierce piranha. Although Starfire intends to stretch him all the way to prison, she accidentally flings him into outer space, and poor Gizmo is going to get sizzled in the Sun...
Back at the tower, Raven regrets being Superman and decides to give her friends' initial powers back. But they like the new powers, especially owing to how they have gotten lucky this time. When Raven questions them what are the chances that their "lame" powers can be put into good use, Beast Boy senses that there's trouble at underwater. A group of electric eels, who participate in an underwater dance competition, are about to battle, and some of the audience can't reach for the phone to call for help. Raven thinks it's stupid, yet she remembers that she and the others have learned that no matter what powers they have, there will be a situation where their powers will become effective, thanks to Robin's reminder. Agreeing with her friends, she jumps out of the tower again with the rest of the team, this time with the assistance of their new powers and Jose who joins in while introducing himself to the viewers.
- Beast Boy
- Superman (cameo)
- Aqualad (cameo)
- Vibe (cameo)
- Saturn Girl (cameo)
- Plastic Man (cameo)
- Sticky Joe (cameo)
- Jose (debut)
- Sea Snail (cameo)
- This episode premiered the same day as "The Power of Shrimps".
- Jose the fish repeatedly says his name as the title indicates.
- Judging how Gizmo managed to build a Kryptonite laser blaster, it is apparent that he had messed with Superman before and discovered the latter's weakness to Kryptonite.
- Raven gives the other Titans superpowers is similar to when she gave Robin his own in "Super Robin" and similar to when her demon-father had granted the Titans' requests in "Dog Hand".
- Robin's natural talent for dancing is shown again following after "Starliar", "Power Moves", "Legs", "Mr Butt", "I'm the Sauce", "The Overbite", and "Jinxed".
- Raven gives the other Titans superpowers of other superheroes from the DC universe. Raven gives herself Superman's powers, Cyborg Aqualad's powers, Starfire Plastic Man's, Beast Boy Saturn Girl's, and Robin Vibe's, which their powers are "lame", according to the Titans.
- Cyborg is seen bathing in the bathtub although he mentioned in "Real Boy Adventures" that he might get electrocuted when getting in-contact with water.
- Gizmo's legs should've been gone completely after being crunched by the school of piranha.
- However, considering that Teen Titans Go! is being labelled as a kids' show (in spite of its PG rating), it's reasonable for the animator to skip this disgusting truth during the animation process of this episode.
- The Jose saying "My Name is Jose".
- Raven calling other Titans' new superpowers lame.
- Raven wanting herself to be Superman.
- The Titans (except Raven) complaining about their powers or lack there of.
The transcript for "My Name is Jose" can be found here.
|The image gallery for My Name is Jose may be viewed here.|