"Open Door Policy" is the forty-third episode of the third season of Teen Titans Go! and the one-hundred-forty-seventh overall episode of the series. It is part of the Teen Titans Go! special Island Adventure.
Still shipwrecked on a deserted island, the Titans try to find food but stumble upon dinosaurs instead.
The episode begins with Robin serving his team a feast of coconuts trying to make the most of the only food source they have. But this doesn't go very far as the team quickly grow tired of the food very quickly. Raven then suggests that they go to the other side of the island to find a new source of food and Starfire sings an annoying song about the other side. Once finished they search the island for a new source of food.
Once they reached the other side of the island, they saw a group of dinosaurs roaming in the distance. But the Titans completely overlook them as they found a group of potatoes in the ground. They immediately devour the potato patch and then turn around to see the dinosaurs. Robin states that they have the option to either force the animals into an amusement park or make them their pets. But the group agrees to make the dinosaurs pets as an amusement park is too much trouble. From there the group claims their own dino while each of them lists facts about their dinosaur. After picking their pets they fight over which is more powerful and which has the best qualities. So Robin suggests that they make them fight to see who the best is and Raven suggests that they train them first.
After their training Raven suggests that they fit the dinos with battle-armor. Starfire then remarks how convenient it was to make the armor with only the island's natural resources. While the other dinos fight, Robin tries to get his Velociraptor to open the door of a hut. Just as the others are about to win over the Brontosaurus, the other dinos decide to revolt against the Titans. Robin deduces that they must hide in a door in order to evade their attack. After entering a hut, Robin refuses to lock the door as he assumes that the dinos wouldn't even know how to open it in the first place. But Robin's Velociraptor finally manages to open the door and the T-Rex uses its robotic arms to snatch them from within the house and drag them outside to attack them. The Velociraptor then closes the door dramaticly ending the episode.
- This episode is the third part of the week long summer event of "Island Adventures".
- This part of "Island Adventures" was shown to the audience who attended the Teen Titans Go! panel at San Diego Comic Con on Thursday, July 21, 2016.
- The title "Open Door Policy" is a reference to the running gag of Robin yelling at the Velociraptor to open a door.
- A little etymology and zoology is given by the Titans about the dinosaurs.
- Brontosaurus means "Thunder lizard". Awesome, Cy.
- The brontosaurus is 16 m long, and can weigh up to 15 tonnes.
- Triceratops is because the dinosaur has three horns. Nice one, Rae.
- The triceratops has a bone plate nearly 7 feet long
- Tyrannosaurus means "Tyrant lizard". That's what's up, BB.
- The T-rex can have teeth one feet long, and even run up to 20 miles per hour.
- Pterodactyl means "Winged finger". Pretty cool, Star.
- The Pterodactyl has a wingspan of 20 feet.
- Brontosaurus means "Thunder lizard". Awesome, Cy.
- When Starfire explains about the Pterodactyl, she says the silent "p" is similar of Robin's silent "p" joke in "Uncle Jokes".
- The Titans are still stranded on the desert island as a result of the events of "Coconut Cream Pie".
- This is the 21st time that Beast Boy doesn't use any animal transformations.
- This is the third time that Robin shows his fondness of potatoes. The first two times were "Second Christmas" and "Spice Game".
- The episode overall seems to be Teen Titans Go's take on Dinosaur Island, a recurring location from DC Comics that first appeared in 1960 in Star-Spangled War Stories #90
- A skull appears on the side of the island during Starfire's song "Woo Doo", referencing Skull Island from Peter Pan.
- Robin says the Titans have the option of using the dinosaurs in an amusement park, which Cyborg says would inevitably lead to disaster despite any security measures taken, referring to the Jurassic Park franchise.
- Robin's claim that Velociraptors can open doors also refers to Jurassic Park, in which one manages to open a door in the film.
- The Titans attaching battle armor and weapons to the dinosaurs is a reference to the 80s toyline and cartoon, Dino-Riders.
- The title "Open Door Policy" refers to the principles made between the United States and China to allow trading in China.
- Robin`s Velociraptor isn`t actually a Velociraptor, because Velociraptors are small and have a longer snout. Also, raptors have feathers.
- Raven acting ashamed of making the dinosaurs fight and then suddenly encouraging it.
- Starfire blasting and saying "Die coconuts!"
- Robin yelling at the Velociraptor to open a door.
- The Titans being sick of eating coconuts.
The transcript for "Open Door Policy" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Open Door Policy may be viewed here.|