Poison Ivy is a deadly, seductive enemy of Batman who can employ vines and biomass to do her bidding.
Growing up financially well in Seattle, Pamela Isley was trying to earn her degree in biochemistry. The professor of her class took advantage of her timid and naïve demeanor, doing, well, you know what with her. He also used Isley for plant testing experiments. After the plant juices and toxins made Isley a dangerous, plant-empowered metahuman, the professor fled. Apart from plant-wielding abilities, Ivy suffered from violent mood swings; she could be lovely at one moment and then murderous at the next. Eventually, Poison Ivy moved to a new city, Gotham, where she planned to release life-threatening spores across the city. Her plan was thwarted by the silent guardian of Gotham, Batman, and afterwards she was locked away in Arkham.
Near the end of "The Titans Show", Poison Ivy appears at the end with a bunch of other DC villains. Control Freak was so proud of the way the Titans fought that he unleashes a new roster of criminals to fight, including Poison Ivy.
CharacteristicsPortrayed as a beautiful yet evil woman, Poison Ivy has a figure in the shape of an hourglass. She wears forest green high-heeled boots that go up to her knees, a green one-piece suit and floral gloves reach up to her elbows. She also has green eyes, red hair and cherry red lips.
Powers and Abilities
- Chlorokinesis: Any and all plant life can be manipulated by Poison Ivy, useful for ensnaring the Caped Crusader.
- Plant knowledge: Poison Ivy has abundant knowledge in plants and botanical matters thanks to her pre-criminal profession.
- Green force: A mystical, force-like energy called Green allows her to communicate with plants.
- Toxikinesis: At will, Poison Ivy can expunge various chemicals from her body.
- Toxic Immunity: Immunity to all toxins, bacteria, and viruses.
- Poison kiss: Those succulent lips might be cherry, but careful- Ivy's lips are lethal when kissed.
- Death spores: Vast amounts of fungal spores spurt from Poison Ivy's body on command.
- "The Titans Show" (debut, cameo)
- Design art for Poison Ivy is paired with Harley Quinn. This is because they are best friends.