Robin's Parents are minor characters who made a debut in "Rad Dudes with Bad Tudes".
Robin's parents have been mentioned briefly before in episodes like "Batman v Teen Titans: Dark Injustice", but however, in "Rad Dudes with Bad Tudes", they appear as figments of Robin's imagination. Robin visions them whenever he is let down. When he got insulted by the Cool Rollerblading Dudes he came to them for their advice and comfort. While Robin has a smooth relationship with his mother, it seems he has a rough one with his father. It is revealed his father works in a coal mine and he always gets on Robin for making foolish decisions. When Robin wanted rollerblades so he could participate in the Demon's Tongue race his father rejects the idea and becomes furious at him. His mother on the other hand told him about how his father used to be the raddest dude around back in the day but was never the same after his accident on the Demon's Tongue race. She gives Robin his father's old rollerblades, and they share a touching hug.
A few days later, Beast Boy catches Robin arguing with his "father", which to Beast Boy looks like Robin is arguing with himself. Robin's "father" forbids him to participate in the race on Demon's Tongue Mountain. Robin ignores him and tells him he is going anyway and angrily marches out of his room while Beast Boy cheers him on. After winning the race on Demon's Tongue Mountain, Robin imagines his parents approaching him. Robin, in disbelief, couldn't believe they actually shown up. Robin's dad proudly calls Robin his son and he and his parents hug. As he is doing this, it looks like he is hugging himself. The other Titans question to what Robin was doing and Beast Boy mutters he doesn't know and they should let him be. These are possibly symptoms that Robin is in denial about his parent's death.
Robin's mother has shoulder-length wavy brown hair and purple hoop earrings. She has a pear-shaped head, small nose and dark eyes. This indicates Robin's eyes have a dark color too. She is taller and thinner. She seems to always be wearing her kitchen clothes, which are a yellow turtleneck sweater, pink gloves, a green ridged apron tied with a bow, blue leggings, and small purple shoes. She is shown to be happy and easy-going. She loves her son very much and the two have a great relationship. She speaks with a slight twang, and is voiced by Tara Strong.
Robin's father is a heavy overweight middle-aged man with a unibrow, dark eyes, large nose and a black mustache. He has a large head with a small patch of hair sitting on top and a double-chin. He wears a brown shirt with a red and yellow logo, blue jeans, and black shoes. He is all-around overweight, with a bulging stomach and large arms and legs. He appears to be quite short compared to his wife. He is shown to be serious. He and Robin do not get along well unlike Robin and his mother, as he is demanding and has a short temper. He speaks in a deep and low voice and is voiced by Greg Cipes.
- Let's Get Serious (mentioned)
- Robin's parents have been mentioned before in episodes like "Let's Get Serious" and "Batman v Teen Titans: Dark Injustice" but in "Rad Dudes with Bad Tudes", they were shown as actual characters for the first time in the whole series (Most likely as figments of Robin's imagination).
- Other than Trigon, Robin's "parents" are the only parents of any Titan who have made an appearance in the series.
- Cyborg often mentioned his father mostly about him giving him cybernetic his implants.
- Robin's parents were really circus acrobats called the Flying Graysons, not a coal miner and a stay-at-home mother. These were products of his imagination and should not be taken seriously, unless they were symptoms of denial.
- In Robin's imagination, he could have imagined their retirement and changed details of their life to make himself feel better.
- In issue #27 of the Teen Titans Go! comic, “Appointment with Doom”, Robin tells the story of his parents untimely demise. One panel shows silhouettes of his parents falling from their trapeze ropes. The silhouettes looked similar to Robin's parents in "Rad Dudes with Bad Tudes".