Santa Claus is a minor character who made a speaking debut in "The True Meaning of Christmas".
Santa Claus is a magical human being who lives at the North Pole and the main antagonist of the episodes "The Teen Titans Go Easter Holiday Classic" and "Halloween vs. Christmas". He put the Teen Titans on the Naughty List because they do not understand the true meaning of Christmas. They think about getting presents when it is actually about giving, friends and family. He shows some hunger to obtain control over all the holidays.
In "Teen Titans Save Christmas", he originally quit his job but decided to return by defeating the Titans with all means, yet get punished by Sticky Joe who loaded bags of garbage onto him in the end.
Santa Claus appears how Santa Claus traditionally does. He is a big, fat, jolly old man with a long white beard. He wears a red coat with a matching red hat, green mittens, and a black belt and black boots.
For the majority of time, Santa is being considered as a jolly, nice, old man who believes that the true meaning of Christmas is about family and friends, during his initial debut. However, he is later shown to be very crazy maniac who can't stand other holidays that aren't Christmas and will attempt to do anything selfish in order to abolish them.
He also loathes the Titans in many occasions, and he even develops a bad habit on deeming them worthless by calling them "garbage kids" or "garbage children". In fact, he could've murdered Robin with his gun if Sticky Joe didn't come to the rescue in "Teen Titans Save Christmas".
Powers and Abilities
- Christmas Entity Physiology: He has control over Christmas and his powers are related to Christmas.
- Christmas Magic: He is able to do magic actions when he touches his nose.
- Freeze Breath: He is able to blow ice from his mouth.
- Snow Manipulation: In "The Teen Titans Go Easter Holiday Classic" he was able to change the weather to snowfall.
- Expert Sword fighting: He is a skilled sword fighter. He was able to beat Halloween Spirit in a sword duel.
- Holiday/Christmas Organization: Santa has the job to organize Christmas each year. He is responsible for the Christmas Presents and his Toy factory. He is also able to steal other holidays and organize them.
- Present Creation: He is able wrap things fast seen in "The Streak".
- Gun-shooting: He owns a large powerful gun and can perfectly aim at his targets, which is first shown in "Teen Titans Save Christmas".
Santa Claus was convinced by the titans that Christmas is also about presents and helped him to give every person in the world presents. But in "The Teen Titans Go Easter Holiday Classic" he began to hate the Titans because they wanted to stop him from taking over all the holidays. They became enemies and he often calls them "garbage children" and "garbage kids"
Later, the Titans once again try to stop him taking over all the holidays. But after they defeat him three times, Santa gave up and became a good person again and befriended the Titans.
Halloween Spirit and Santa likely know each other for a long time and they seem to be rivals in "Halloween v Christmas".
- Second Christmas (debut)
- More of the Same (cameo on calendar)
- The True Meaning of Christmas
- Garage Sale (mentioned)
- The Teen Titans Go Easter Holiday Classic
- Who's Laughing Now (cameo)
Songs sung by Santa Claus
- It is unknown if he and Second Santa have any relationships with each other.
- Santa's appearance in "Second Christmas" and "More of the Same" differs from how he appears in "The True Meaning of Christmas" and onward.
- This makes him one of the few characters to have different designs throughout the series.
- Santa was announced to reoccur as a villain in one of the episodes in the fourth season by one of the show's producers, Aaron Horvath, during a interview at San Diego Comic Con on Thursday, July 21, 2016. Aaron Horvath also mentioned he liked the idea of Santa being a reoccurring villain in the series.
- Robin calls him "Kringle" at one point. Kris Kringle is a classic nickname for Santa.
- In the mobile game, Teeny Titans, you get a +3 Luck Bonus if you have Sticky Joe, Santa Claus, and George Washington on your team.
- He should have appeared in "The Titans Show", since he's an enemy of the Titans, but didn't appear. This could possibly be that either he didn't want to join Control Freak and his audience of villains (since they are all on the Naughty List) or because he wanted to fight the Titans on his own.
|The image gallery for Santa Claus may be viewed here.|