Scary Teri makes her debut in Slumber Party. At the Teen Titans' slumber party, Cyborg is forced to summon her, on account of the other Titans thinking he needs to man up and be so gullible in such foolish things but Scary Teri turns out to be real, and she proceeds to haunt the Titans throughout the Tower, eating all of them one by one until Cyborg is the only left. However, he is able to conquer his fears and suck her back into the mirror.
Scary Teri is a female mirror-demon who scares people to death whenever they stand in front of a mirror at midnight and chant "Scary Teri" three times. She has a pale-pink skin, white long hair, huge yellow eyes and wears a dirty, green dress and her scary form has bright violet-hot pink skin, hair standing upwards and yellow eyes with cat-like pupils.
Powers and Abilities
- Shapeshifting: It is shown she is skilled in transforming herself into several creatures. The extent of her shape shifting is unknown, but it is hinted she can transform into whatever she pleases, or at least whatever is "scary".
- Unhuman Joint Movements: Scary Teri can move her bones and joints in ways not possible without breaking/snapping. As seen in the episode, she twists her neck 18- degrees, which would obviously snap one's spinal cord.
- Swallowing People: This is how she disposes of her victims. She pretty much has infinite capacity. The victims inside of her don't necessarily die though- all 4 Titans came out once she was defeated. Perhaps they are just tortured.
- Name Evocation: In order to simply appear, someone will have to say her name three times in total, but this will result in dangerous consequences.
- If you chant "Scary Teri isn't scary" three times while she is in front of a mirror, she will be sucked into the mirror.
- The Titans Show (cameo)
- Scary Teri is a parody of Bloody Mary, including chanting her name in the mirror three times and then comes to kill someone.
- A character named "Scary Terry" appears in the second episode of Adult Swim show Rick and Morty. He is a "legally-safe knockoff of an '80s horror character with miniature swords for fingers instead of knives". The similarity of the names may or may not be intentional.