When yet another crime alert interrupts their relaxation, the Titans decide to become villains and do whatever they want.
Beast Boy, Raven, Robin and Cyborg are in the living room, snuggling with kittens, when Starfire walks in with some hot chocolate. She offers some to Cyborg, but he complains that there are no mini marshmallows. Starfire points out that they are indeed there, but they're just very, very tiny. All of a sudden, they get a crime alert from the HIVE, annoying them big time. The HIVE is on a rampage, shooting a death laser at different targets in Jump City. The Titans confront the HIVE for interrupting their "snuggle time," but they refuse to stop, forcing the Titans to fight. Robin, however, tries out the death laser and has lots of fun, and soon all the Titans are using it, making the HIVE think they're insane.
When the Titans arrive home, they decide that they would rather be villains so they could run their own schedule. Robin transforms into Dick Gravestone, Starfire reverts back to her old alter-ego Starfire the Terrible, Beast Boy turns into Beast Monster, Raven transforms into Demon of Azarath, and Cyborg turns into The Cyborg (with emphasis on "the"). Dick Gravestone then decides to name the new team of villains the Legion of Doooom!
The Legion of Doooom then hire a couple of henchman to build a secret hideout while they relax. Their next move on their list of evil schemes is to torture a bunch of superheroes. Batman is treated with a James Bond-type of laser, Batgirl is dropped in a vat of chemicals, and Titans East are entrapped in a room with spiked walls slowly closing in on them from both sides. The evil ex-Titans laugh at their schemes.
Next, they get revenge on the HIVE for wasting their time by using the same death laser to destroy the city. The crime alert goes to the HIVE after the incident, and now it's their turn to be angry because they were now snuggling and got interrupted.
They go to the Titans and apologize for previously wasting their time. They know how it feels, but the Titans don't really give a hoot. After all, they didn't turn evil just for revenge and to teach them a lesson, they did it for fun.
- Robin/Dick Gravestone (debut)
- Starfire/Starfire the Terrible
- Beast Boy/Beast Monster (debut)
- Raven/Demon of Azarath (debut)
- Cyborg/The Cyborg (debut)
- Henchmen (debut, cameos)
- Billy Numerous
- Batman (cameo)
- Batgirl (cameo)
- Bumblebee (cameo)
- Aqualad (cameo)
- Speedy (cameo)
- Más (cameo)
- Menos (cameo)
- Aquaman (cameo)
- This episode made its debut on the Cartoon Network app.
- This episode was also available on some on-demand channels.
- This is the first time that the Titans East appear as a whole team in Season 3.
- Mammoth and See-More have no speaking lines in this episode.
- Starfire the Terrible does an actual evil maniacal laugh, instead of letting out her evil gargle-like laughter from her previous evil agenda.
- This episode was originally scheduled to air on September 8, 2016, but was replaced by "Who's Laughing Now". It was then rescheduled for September 15, 2016, before getting replaced by "Oregon Trail".
- Aqualad, Más, Menos, Bumblebee, Speedy, Batgirl, Batman, and Aquaman are murdered by the Titans.
- This is Batman and the H.I.V.E.'s last physical appearance in the third season.
- Starfire the Terrible makes her first appearance in Season 3 and her second overall appearance in the series. Her previous appearance was in "Starfire the Terrible".
- Raven turns into The Demon of Azarath for the first time in Season 3 and the third time in the series. She also goes full demon in "I See You" and "Nose Mouth".
- This is the third episode where all the Titans turn into antagonists (Dick Gravestone, The Cyborg, Beast Monster, Demon of Azarath and Starfire the Terrible); the first episode was In and Out (Red X, Stone, Beast Bob, Ravine and Sapphire) and the second episode was "Opposites".
- The Legion of Doom is an actual super-villain team in the DC Universe. The new lair of the "evil Titans" is based on the one used by the original Legion of Doom in the 1978 season of Superfriends.
- Dick Gravestone is similar to Dick Grayson, Robin's secret identity.
- His bald head resembles his voice actor, Scott Menville’s.
- When Beast Boy changes, his evolution and new Beast Monster form resemble Marvel's Hulk.
- The Legion of Doom’s Evil Lair is a reference to the Doom Shroom from the Plants Vs. Zombies Franchise.
- Raven failing to be a villain, although she is the most villain-like in her team.
- The Titans firing the death laser.
- The Titans punching and kicking each other.
- People telling the Titans that there is already a Legion of Doom, causing them to say they stole the name.
- The Hive cheering to fire the laser.
- The Titans let out an evil laughter.
- Raven failing at being a villain.
The transcript for "Snuggle Time" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Snuggle Time may be viewed here.|