This policy cover the file guidelines, which help users who are unsure of uploading an image or video file.
- Should not be a duplicate of another file already uploaded onto the Wiki.
- Cannot contain any nudity or pornography of any kind.
- Must be appropriate file size.
- No swearing of any form is tolerated.
- Ideally should not have a black outline or a network's logo unless a higher quality image is unavailable.
- Images containing the episode's title, otherwise known as title cards, should be free of any network logo or black borders unless another image is unavailable. If no higher quality title card is available, temporary lower quality ones may be used for a short while until higher quality can be found.
Article Images Policy
If you would like to add photos to a main-page gallery, please be sure and make sure your image(s) meet the following criteria or else it may be deleted.
- Quality: The photos in question must be clear (720p or 1080p is preferred) with easy visibility. No darkened/lightened hues.
- Watermark: Watermarks (Cartoon Network logo/advertisements on screenshot) on photos generally are not preferred, but in the case of a high quality photo it may be exempted.
- Dimensions: Images must at least be 320x180 px in dimensions. Anything smaller is not recommended, but in the case of low availability (such as, new photos of a unreleased episode) this may be excluded temporarily until a better screenshot emerges.
- Cropping: Photos that are cropped/edited/not the original screenshot are highly looked down upon. Images in main galleries should be the entire full image. However, in the case of character profile images, cropping is more flexible as long as the above criteria is still met.
- Name-spacing: Photos must have keywords in the file name that relate to what's included in the photo. For example, if the photo includes "Robin" from "Legendary Sandwich", your file name when uploading would be something similar to "Robin_Legendary_Sandwich.png". If the name is already taken, you would simply add the appropriate number following the next image relating to same content. Example: "Robin_Legendary_Sandwich2.png". The same would go for episode images with no specific target. For example, if it is a generic screenshot from the episode "Pie Bros", the file name would be similar to "Pie_Bros_Image.png" or "Pie_Bros_Screenshot.png". Images with random letters and numbers that can't be read are not accepted.
Below is an example of a few images that meet all of the above criteria and are handsomely preferred and wanted.
Pornography is the explicit portrayal of sexual subject matter. On this wiki, any files on articles depicting nudity or a sexual act is strictly prohibited. Any files containing these depictions will be deleted and the user who uploaded them will be banned. Some NSFW content is allowed on user space pages if within reason only (no sexual body parts are showing). If you are unsure with an image, you may play it safe and ask an administrator.
Description of Images
When uploading image files, please add a description on images based off the episode it is derived from and the characters in said image to help search engines locate them better. For example, an image of Starfire from Starliar would have a description similar to "Starfire from Starliar".
Duplicate and Replacement Files
Duplicate files are frowned upon on the Wiki. If you find a duplicate file, you may alert an admin to delete the duplicate or lower quality one. If files are replaced, an administrator will review the file to see if it is a higher quality.
Unused files are images or videos that are not displayed on a page, thus becoming a waste of space on the wiki. Most images should be able to be added to a gallery. If you have files you are not using, you may request the deletion of them per asking administrator.
Videos on the Wiki can be fan-made so long as it relates to the series and follows the above guidelines. If not, it will be removed. Full episodes CANNOT be uploaded onto the Wiki as that is considered piracy. Small clips released officially in advance of an episode's airing are allowed to be added to the episode's page.