The Powerpuff Girls were created by Professor Utonium in an attempt "to create the perfect little girls" using a mixture of sugar, spice, and everything nice. However, he accidentally added a large dose of Chemical X into the mixture, creating three perfect little girls and granting all three superpowers.
In "TTG v PPG", The Powerpuff Girls made their first appearance in the series. They visit the Teen Titans in Jump City to warn them about a dangerous villain whom escaped and is on the loose. Robin, Starfire, and Raven are surprised by their sudden visit to which Starfire questions who are "the odd floating coordinated children". Robin, hearing the PPG Narrator tells them they are The Powerpuff Girls. Blossom, surprised, and asked how he knew. Blossom then asked the Titans if they seen Mojo Jojo and tells him he is dangerous. Robin, ignoring their threat, teases them and assumes they came to them for their help because they are "tiny helpless babies". Raven adding on how their parents may be worried sick about them and how they will keep an eye on them once they show up.
Frustrated, the Powerpuff Girls reject their assumptions and explain to them they are not babies and in fact their were superheroes. Raven announces playfully they can be anything when they grew up. Blossom whispers to her sisters what were wrong with them. Blossom then asks the Titans if they were good at their jobs. Raven butting in says it sounds like a "challenge", in which Bubbles questions her. Starfire tells Robin and Raven that "the babies" are there to prove which superhero team was superior. Confused, Blossom says it is not a competition but the Titans insist that it was.
Blossom: She has long orange hair tied up into a ponytail pinned with a heart-shaped hair clip and she wears a huge giant red bow on top of her head. She has pale skin and has huge, round bright pink eyes. She wears a bright pink dress with a black stripe in the center along with white tights and shiny, black shoes. She is 'Everything nice' as well as the leader of the team.
Bubbles: She has short blonde hair tied up into two pigtails that are tied together with two blue hair ties. She has pale skin and has huge, round blue eyes. She wears a blue dress with a black stripe in the center along with with tights and shiny, black shoes. She is the 'sugar'.
Buttercup: She has short black hair. She has pale skin and has huge round green eyes. She wears a green dress with a black stripe in the center along with white tights and shiny, black shoes. She is the 'spice'.
- TTG v PPG (debut)
- Shrimps and Prime Rib (cameo)
Powers and Abilities
- Supersonic Flight
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Endurance
- Superhuman Agility
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Heat Vision
- Energy Protection: (bright pink for Blossom, light blue for Bubbles, bright green for Buttercup)
- Vocal Mimicry
- Hypnotic Voice
Blossom's Unique Abilities
- Ice Breath
- Cold and Heat Resistance
Bubbles' Unique Abilities
- Sonic Screams
- Animal Whispering
- The Powerpuff Girls appearing in a crossover with Teen Titans Go! was teased by Cartoon Network before being officially confirmed.
- Each of the Powerpuff Girls' share similarities with one of the Titans: Blossom (as leader) is similar to Robin, Bubbles and her love of animals and all things sweet are just like Starfire's, and Buttercup's negativity is similar to Raven's own.
- Just like the Titans, each member of The Powerpuff Girls has their own signature color: Blossom's is bright bubblegum pink, Bubbles' is bright blue, and Buttercup's is bright green.
- Originally The Powerpuff Girls were voiced by different voice actors. In The Whoopass Girls short (1992), they were all voiced by Jennifer Fried. In The What A Cartoon! Show (1995-1997) and in the original (1998-2005) series, Blossom was voiced by Catherine Cavadini, Bubbles was voiced by Kath Soucie and was later replaced by Tara Strong in the original Powerpuff Girls series, and Buttercup was voiced by E.G. Daily.
- Tara Strong (The voice of Raven) also voiced Bubbles in the original Powerpuff Girls series.
- Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup's 2016 appearance is identical to their 1998 series counterpart. Blossom's bow is more rounded whereas her original counterpart's bow is more pointed, Bubbles' 1998 series counterpart has shorter pigtails and has hair ties on each pigtail, but in her 2016 counterpart she has visible hair bands for her hair bunches and lighter blue in her appearance and Buttercup's original counterpart was her short black hair in a flip with a small triangular part on her forehead, but in her reboot counterpart, her design slightly differs. Her hair also has a slight cowlick, which adds to her character and personality.
- Chris Battle, one of the character designers of Teen Titans Go!, previously worked on the original Powerpuff Girls series.