Before meeting up the Teen Titans, Mamaragan the Wizard was a respected member of the Rock of Eternity judiciary. He passed down punishment on those deserving of it, but, unfortunately, the council was slaughtered by Black Adam (all except for Mamaragan).
Countless years later, the Wizard was still watching over the Rock of Eternity. Unfortunately for Mamaragan though, there was this prophesy long ago that he'd be crushed a "Rock of Eternity" hanging from the ceiling. So, he found himself an heir to pass his power of super-transformation onto: Billy Batson, a kid who wasn't perfect... but good enough.
In the episode "Little Elvis" though, the whole crushing prophesy was subverted when the Titans just scooted the Wizard's chair away from the giant rock. For some reason, he was a little upset about not getting crushed.
Under construction. Will be finished later.
Physical AppearancePreferring to keep a modest, low-profile appearance, Shazam the Wizard wears a basic white robe that stretches down to his feet. Nearing his destiny with death, his long beard and mustache have gone gray and white, respectively, and wrinkles line his tired forehead. Bags sag underneath his eyes, and most of the hair on the Wizard's head is gone. Still, he keeps the power levels up by carrying a Magic Staff, complete with a white shaft and a glowing golden thunderbolt head.
Powers and Abilities
Deity Physiological Abilities
- Magic: According to Billy, "his magic is real, gang." Here are a couple of his known godlike powers:
Weapons and Equipment
- Magic Staff: Capable of holding up an old man's weight, lighting up the dark, incinerating insects, and other magical powers.
- On first seeing the Wizard, Beast Boy calls him Merlin, a well-known enchanter of King Arthur stories.
- Shazam aka Billy Batson inherited his superhero name from the Wizard, who is sometimes known as Shazam as well.
- John DiMaggio, who voices Brother Blood, also voiced the Wizard.