Starfire takes the the Titans on a mission to find out what became of the missing 2 o'clock hour during Daylight Saving Time.
The episode opens up in the dining room, where Beast Boy, Starfire, and Raven eat vanilla ice cream sundaes, but only reluctantly. Cyborg says if they don't finish their ice cream, they will not have any vegetables. Raven doesn't want to eat the cherry; Cyborg replies she must eat the whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and nuts as well. Raven then tries to push her ice cream around to look like she ate some, but Cyborg sees through her trick and says that its not gonna work, Beast Boy says he does not want any more ice cream and he wants veggies, but Cyborg refuses and insists on watching them eat their ice cream; they eventually eat their ice cream without looking at it once. After they're done Cyborg gives them vegetables (this results in a montage of Beast Boy, Starfire, Raven and Cyborg eating vegetables). Later, the four sit on the couch, with Beast Boy saying the vegetables were so good, Starfire adding she liked the collard greens, Raven noting the sweet, sweet potatoes are exquisite and Cyborg explaining that he does love some good vegetables.
Robin then enters wearing some PJs telling his fellow Titans that it is bedtime, but Cyborg complains that their bed time isn't for another hour. Robin tells them its Daylight Saving Time, but they take it literally as "Daylight Savings Time". After Robin explains it to them, Beast Boy thinks a farmer took the hour, so the Titans (except for Robin) plan to stay up and catch the farmer. The Titans see the clock at 1:59 and wait for it to become 2:00, but instead of going to 2:00, it skips over one whole hour to 3:00 making the Titans all freak out.
Robin asks what's going on, and Starfire says the time skipped from 1:59 to 3:00. Robin (who still doesn't believe it) says it's the whole point of Daylight Saving Time, but Raven asks about Robin's messy room. Robin says it's just a messy room, but Starfire still wants to investigate. So she and her Titans go to a farm yard and she says that this is where they will find the 2:00 hour, but Robin angrily asks the others not to harass some poor farmer. Beast Boy insists he will. Starfire reveals the farmer has a dog and Bingo is his name-O. Beast Boy, Raven and Cyborg sing "B-I-N-G-O"; Starfire repeats what she is saying, and tells her Titans to follow her to the 2:00 hour.
The Teen Titans (after passing chickens, pigs and cows) reach a corn field where they find the clock tied in ropes, and Robin admits he is wrong. Starfire sets him free, but as they escape, Beast Boy accidentally picks up some booby-trapped corn, which alerts Old McDonald. He uses his spear to pin the clock, then claps his hands slowly and evilly. Starfire yells at him to give the clock back, but McDonald calls in his animals and orders them to kill the Teen Titans. They easily defeat McDonald's creatures, but he claps his hands slowly again. This calls his dog Bingo, and McDonald yells "and Bingo was his NAME-O".
McDonald orders Bingo to kill the Teen Titans (and briefly drool on Robin). Starfire says she shouldn't have saved the clock, but out of nowhere Daylight (McDonald's arch rival) barges in, gives McDonald and Bingo their comeuppance, saves the clock, and escapes into the sky. As he goes, Starfire says "What a wonderful conclusion."
Robin then apologizes for doubting, as he thought it sounded stupid, adding that he will believe in anything. Cyborg then puts a hat on and says "Bingo!", ending the episode.
- Beast Boy
- Two O'Clock (debut)
- Old McDonald (debut)
- Bingo (debut)
- Daylight (debut)
- This episode's debut was the first premiere in the series to dip below 1 million viewers, at 980,000.
- Raven is seen unhooded for the 58th time in the series.
- Beast Boy, Raven, and Starfire wanting vegetables more than dessert is a reference to "Vegetables." Especially for Beast Boy, since he is a vegetarian.
- The characters, Ol' McDonald and Bingo, are references to the classic children's songs, Ol' McDonald Had a Farm and Bingo Was His Name-O.
- The appearance of a man named Goose is a reference to the Tom Cruise 1986 movie, Top Gun, and the character LTJG Nick "Goose" Bradshaw.
- Raven using her magic in a shape of a wolf and blowing the muscular pigs is a reference to the classic fairy tale The Three Little Pigs.
- Old MacDonald's appearance is based on the stereotypical American farmer: overalls, a cap (presumably from a farming-equipment company), and a large pitchfork in his hand.
- Starfire saying that daylight needs to save the time.
- Cyborg saying Daylight Savings Time instead of Daylight Saving Time.
The transcript for "Titan Saving Time" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Titan Saving Time may be viewed here.|