After the T-Car is destroyed in a fight, the Titans go to a used car lot to find another vehicle.
The episode opens with Plasmus wreaking havoc in Jump City. The Titans go to fight Plasmus, and they do so by using the T-Car to get there. The Titans try to use their attacks on Plasmus, but it's no use. Beast Boy thinks of an idea to defeat Plasmus. He hops into the T-Car and rams into Plasmus, self-destructing the T-Car, killing Plasmus in the process. Cyborg is sad that the T-Car is destroyed, but Robin is happy that this is their chance to get a new car.
The Titans have no idea how to buy a car at a car shop, but Robin reassures them to not worry because Robin himself is a 'master negotiator'. Back at the Titans Tower, the Titans look at some designs of new cars, but Robin shuts it down, and says that buying a re-owned car is the plan. Robin tells them that a care salesman is evil and tries to sneak in the sneakiest tricks when a customer wants to buy a car. There are three rules of car-buying according to Robin: Never allow the dealer to size you up, never accept the dealer's initial offer, and never be afraid to walk away.
The next day, the Titans visit a car dealership, and are surprised to find that Doctor Light is the car salesman. He states that he has given up his life of crime and pursued his dream to be a car salesman. Robin thinks that it is all lies, thinking that Doctor Light is trying to make them overpay, but Raven suggests to give him a chance. Then, the Titans state that Robin has plenty of money, and that Robin is the adopted son of billionare Bruce Wayne. Robin excuses the Titans for a moment, and proceeds to wack all of them with his staff. Robin tells the Titans that Doctor Light has sized them up, now knowing how much money he can squeeze out of them. Doctor Light reassures that isn't the case though.
Doctor Light proceeds to introduce the Titans to multiple designs of cars, most of them representing DC miscellaneous. However, the Jokermobile catches Robin's attention, but Doctor Light tells that he won't be needing it, but Robin really wants it. Robin takes the Jokermobile for a test drive and asks Doctor Light for the features the car possesses. There is a laughing gas button, oil slick switch, and a horn button. Robin notices a taped up button that says 'DO NOT TOUCH', and Doctor Light is afraid that feature is no longer available. Robin wants to buy the car, and Doctor Light proceeds to get the paperwork. In the office, the final price of the car is $22,000. Robin flays the paper away and thinks it's a joke. The Titans groan and tell Robin to just pay the man the money, but Robin reminds the Titans to not accept the salesman's initial offer. Robin wants the price to be lowered, but Doctor Light refuses. Robin then demands to give him ALL of the car's features, specifically the DO NOT TOUCH button. Doctor Light says the button is unsafe, but Robin thinks he is lying. He proceeds to prove him wrong by going outside, untaping the button and pressing it. The Jokermobile transforms into a gigantic robot and proceeds to smash all of the cars in Doctor Light's dealership. The Titans think they are doomed, but Robin reminds them the most important rule: walk away. And so they do. The episode ends with Doctor Light implied to have died from the robot attack, with his helmet rolling on the ground, and Robin giggles guiltily and sheepishly.
- Beast Boy
- Doctor Light
- Wonder Woman
- The Flash
- Sticky Joe (cameo)
- This episode along with "Record Book" and "Bat Scouts" was uploaded by Warner Television weekly for purchase on the official YouTube channel of the series as pre-television release.
- This is the first episode to be aired on Leap Day.
- The relationship between Robin and Starfire is SEVERELY strained again, as Robin first hits her with the magazine, then proceeds to literally zip her lips shut. Then, at the car dealership, Robin proceeds to SMACK the other Titans (including Starfire) with his staff.
- This is Doctor Light’s first speaking appearance since "I See You".
- This is the second time Doctor Light temporarily gave up on villainy, the first time is in "Caged Tiger".
- The Batman and Robin movie is directly mentioned when Doctor Light introduces the Batmobile previously owned by Batman.
- Beast Boy transforms himself into George Clooney Batman when he tries driving the Batmobile.
- The actual George Clooney Batman is seen driving his electric vehicle that resembles the Toyota Prius and spins out when Robin squirts oil from the Joker Car.
- One of Doctor Light's car is Metron's Mobius Chair, a time-space/dimensional vehicle that allows him to gain knowledge throughout the entire universe.
- Despite not being an animal, Beast Boy was able to transform into George Clooney. He was never shown to have the ability to transform into other people except becoming Beast Man once in "the eponymous episode".
- Superman was shown to be dead and buried despite being alive in previous episode.
- Robin teaching the Titans how to deal with a car dealer with four steps.
- Robin rejecting different car options.
|The image gallery for Walk Away may be viewed here.|